Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2019, 05:05 AM   #1

Default Hello 1977 Dodge B200 Xplorer

Hello. I just became owner of a 1977 Dodge B200 Maxivan Xplorer conversion. I used to build camper vans of a sort back in the 70's. Went to a van show , caught the bug and here we go. This particular van /camper I purchased promises to be a challenge. It has real rust out issues in a few difficult areas , and the ugliest wiring I have ever seen. LOL. I've got my work cut out for me. What is wrong with me? I'm not the only person I know asking that question LOL. I'm going to do my best and look for for as much good electrical information on this van as I can find. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for the welcome mat in these forums. I'm glad I found you!
fiestygnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:13 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

Xplorer's are well regarded, but at 42 yrs. old (and yes the old ones rusted), you definitely have your work cut out for you. You sound like you can handle it, though. Just make sure the rust has not taken too big a toll on the frame and suspension.

My parents owned two back in the 70's and 80's. A 1974 and a 1982 if I recall correctly. They let us borrow the '82 a few times and I credit that exposure for us finally get our own class b. It only took us 35 years.

Post pics and let us know how it goes. Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Xplorer's are well regarded, but at 42 yrs. old (and yes the old ones rusted), you definitely have your work cut out for you. You sound like you can handle it, though. Just make sure the rust has not taken too big a toll on the frame and suspension.

My parents owned two back in the 70's and 80's. A 1974 and a 1982 if I recall correctly. They let us borrow the '82 a few times and I credit that exposure for us finally get our own class b. It only took us 35 years.

Post pics and let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Thanks. Some of my friends are into restorations of classic cars. I'll have some experienced help and even more experienced razzing from these guys. I'll send pics soon. The Good The Bad and The Ugly.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 AM   #4
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe

1995 Xplorer 230 on Dodge 3500. Have owned about 12 years now and love it! We snow bird in Florida and have spent 2 months at a time camping.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:38 AM   #5
Platinum Member

1997 PleasureWay on Dodge 3500. Running smooth. No issues to speak of. I believe it to be a solid chassis. Every vehicle is going to need to be maintained. Comes with the territory. And not just on old ones. You're lucky to have resto
friends. Welcome.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:30 AM   #6

Default My Guilty Pleasure

Here's a couple of bad shots. I will have more as I go. Thanks for sharing with me about Class B.. I haven't rebuilt a van front to back since the 70's. I don't know how the pics got flipped. LOL

IMG-1764.jpg

IMG-1745.jpg
Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestygnome View Post
Here's a couple of bad shots. I will have more as I go. Thanks for sharing with me about Class B.. I haven't rebuilt a van front to back since the 70's. I don't know how the pics got flipped. LOL

Attachment 8460

Attachment 8461
Your fluids can leak , so you can try this:

If you have Windows:

1. Open “Paint” or other photo editing software
2. Resize
3. Pixel
4. 1200 for long edge
5. Rotate to correct position
6. Save and post.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Class B Forum,

Welcome to the Cyberspace RV Park called the Class B Forum. I am a member myself and wanted to take some timeto welcome you and your family to this “Class B Forum.” As you may feel somewhat overwhelmed by all there is to see, read and learn here from others.

So, if you will let’s sit and have a cup <[_]””[_]>’’’’’’ Here is the place to share what’s on your mind as it relates to RV’ing. Everything is here, just for folks and Families. I have some TIPS which I hope will make your visits here more enjoyable. Kind of your FORUM Driving Instructor lol.

Some TIPS:

On top are two menus and the one on top is the MAIN forum where you find post and the one below is your own personal MENU for helping you search better for thing and research post as well as your own information like RV Make and Model, Parks, Links and lots more. So, to get yourself started by letting others know you please click on USER CP.

So now I would like to show you your SIGN IN Screen. On top RIGHT, is where you click to login and you will find your name, but also are the messages sent to you by the forum Administrators who keep everything running like a well-made Grandfather’s Clock.

One last point if I may, when you POST a NEW THREAD go down under the TEXT INPUT and add some TABS, anywhere between 1 or 5-TABS, EXAMPLE: dog, dogs, pets, Campdogs, and make sure to add a comma between each TAB. TABS act as FORUM addresses to get your post to others who are interested in reading about? “your dog stories” lol

First, click on USER CP and once this opens a menu on the left from top to bottom will appear. Just take them one at a time adding your information as to what you would like the forum folks to know about you? Next is about your REGISTER, FILES over to writing your own BLOG moreover to LOGGING OUT.

There is a lot to a Motorhome we call our Recreational Vehicle, RV. One last point as from time to time at the end of a word you will see down arrow ^, yes, I know it’s up, sorry did not have a down arrow on my keyboard. Clicking on them you will find sub-menus and more information to guide you on each of your forum Travels.

Make sure to read and review the rules.

Any questions just post and ask the group as a whole or having a Forum Friends in your Personal File can also be helpful in asking bouncing questions off. Now we're coming to the end of this very quick intro

So, explore and when ready SHARE your knowledge skills and abilities with Class B forum.

Looks like my CUP is almost empty…[_]>’’ “”” ‘’

Safe Travels and Happy Trails, as you explore by RV the Freedom that is the American Road Trip.

Welcome.
DogMan
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote