Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

Default Hello from Arizona

Hello from the hot, smelly, Metro Phoenix valley of Arizona. We are new to RVing and I have learned a lot from reading this site. September 2017 we purchased a new 2017 Carado Axion on the 2016 Promaster chassis and love it.

Our needs were something HOA compliant, it being a 'van conversion' as opposed to 'RV' (the CC&Rs are just generic enough that I won the fight), small enough for me to learn on as I am the only driver and full time caretaker of my fiance (Howard), and the future need of not too expensive conversion to a wheelchair lift/full time vehicle for my fiance.

So far, the Axion is the perfect size for our Service Dog BuBu (Westie) and us (Howard is 6'1" and I am 5"2"). I am amazed at the amount of storage space, loading what we need did not fill all the cabinets. We have had no problems that were not operator error. Of course, in the far future if I convert back to RV, I will change the things (that I have not already changed) which I feel could have been designed a bit better.

Wishing all safe travels,
Betty Jo, Howard and Bu
bjdechaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Can you show a pix?
Old 12-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome! Sounds like you did your homework and picked the right van for your needs. I would also like to see pictures when you can get to it!
Old 05-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdechaine View Post
Hello from the hot, smelly, Metro Phoenix valley of Arizona. We are new to RVing and I have learned a lot from reading this site. September 2017 we purchased a new 2017 Carado Axion on the 2016 Promaster chassis and love it.

Our needs were something HOA compliant, it being a 'van conversion' as opposed to 'RV' (the CC&Rs are just generic enough that I won the fight), small enough for me to learn on as I am the only driver and full time caretaker of my fiance (Howard), and the future need of not too expensive conversion to a wheelchair lift/full time vehicle for my fiance.

So far, the Axion is the perfect size for our Service Dog BuBu (Westie) and us (Howard is 6'1" and I am 5"2"). I am amazed at the amount of storage space, loading what we need did not fill all the cabinets. We have had no problems that were not operator error. Of course, in the far future if I convert back to RV, I will change the things (that I have not already changed) which I feel could have been designed a bit better.

Wishing all safe travels,
Betty Jo, Howard and Bu
Not to mention your hubby can either sit in his wheelchair or keep it unfolded in the HUGE, expansive opening of the interior next to the sliding door.

PS, I just purchased my Axion too so I'm binging on the keyword search LOL...
silex840 is offline   Reply With Quote