Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 01:09 AM   #1

Default Hello from Pennsylvania

Hi all,
My name is Karen and I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, near Valley Forge.
My husband and I have just started doing research for our first RV, and we are looking at Pleasure Way and Roadtrek with a Gas engine. We really like the look of the Pleasure Way Lexor. Our plan is to use it for weekend trips and the occasional longer trips.
karinlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinlib View Post
Hi all,
My husband and I have just started doing research for our first RV, and we are looking at Pleasure Way and Roadtrek with a Gas engine. We really like the look of the Pleasure Way Lexor. Our plan is to use it for weekend trips and the occasional longer trips.
If you haven't already availed yourself of the opportunity, Fretz RV in Suderton is pretty close to you. They have a wide variety of Class B coaches.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #3

Thank you. Yes, in fact we have been there, as well as in contact with them. At this point I want to see what owners of Pleasure-Ways vans think of them, and pros and cons.
karinlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #4

Never owned a Pleasure Way but have owned a 2007 RT 210V which we purchased used in 2010 with 5200 miles on it. Now have 112000 miles on it and really like the vehicle. Have driven it from Florida to California 5 times, to New England from Florida several times, to Yellowstone twice and to Rocky Mountain NP 3 times. We get about 13mpg depending on how much we use the AC and how much time we spend in the mountains.
3fox3@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #5

We just sold our P-W Pursuit and bought a Roadtrek Etrek. Totally different in interesting ways. The P-W is purpose-built as an RV, the Roadtrek is a van "conversion". P-W has very high quality build, finishes, etc but is a "truck" (E350) which is loud and thirsty and automotively primitive, old school. The RT on the other hand is high(er) end vehicle but the fit and finishes are, while nice, not nearly as good as the P-W. Interestingly, we think the actual useful space inside is much better with the RT than the P-W. Also having four buckets up front increases the utility of the RT. And we are just beginning to appreciate the power and off-grid utility of the RT (solar, under hood genny, no propane, tons of batts). Neither is perfect but they are decidedly different. FYI
mls1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #6

Default Which RV to research

Karen, we are from Texas, and we ordered a Pleasure-way Plateau XLTD through Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. My wife and I will be travelling there in October to pick it up. We have driven and tested many Class B, and selected this one due to the floor plan and the extra space. JB
dentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #7

Look at my ad at rvt.com ad # 8114483. For someone who wants to start into the RV experience, nothing like a VW. A very good way to start into a self contained unit. In Dover area and will be moving and no longer will be able to do the traveling as I have done in the past. JB
DEboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #8

Default your search for a weekend RV

I wouldn't rule out Winnebago class B's. I found dealing with outside mfgrs can be a challenge when I tried to order a running board for my PW ascent. Shipping cost more than the part.
Ladyflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #9

Smile Larry Southern Calif Travato 59K

Check out the Winnebago Travato line. Gas, easy to drive and fuel eff.
I have the 59K model and it has a very open feeling as well as a roomy bathroom. Comes with solar and the new Truma heat sys. Also has a compressor drived refrigerator. Lots of new things in the 2019 model.
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #10
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinlib View Post
Hi all,
You should go and see a new one: Panoramicrv.com they have a very nice layout completely different and a hight quality of construction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89C4A889-BECD-4C0E-B6B2-DBA5D6BFBEDC.jpg (152.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg D6A7DBCC-7CDF-4619-B24D-956A53F94C94.jpg (445.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DA185E7F-BCF4-45E7-9A19-740CF7D2CD06.jpg (223.5 KB, 13 views)
jgmarcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Not sure what your timeline for purchase is? If you can wait until September, "America's Largest RV show" is in Hershey. https://tradeshowz.com/hershey-rv-show . Not only a great place to touch, see and feel; but, you can usually negotiate a good deal. Even if you purchase ahead of time, it is still a great show to attend. I try to go every year. Good luck.
Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #12

We were at Fretz today, thinking we were going to buy a Zion. We had rented the Simplicity and Travato and looking for a step up. After pricing out the options on the Zion, the Lexor seemed like a better deal and better build quality. We avioded buying the units on order for the Hershey show in September and direct ordered 2019 model. May even come quicker and not be picked over at the show by the looky loo hoards. Fretz was easy to deal with.
dweissnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Sure LOVE my 2004 Pleasure Way Lexor!! Completely remodeled it, took out carpet, put in waterproof flooring..recovered seats..it’s all decked out in Texas Longhorns colors..etc. Don’t drive much over 65mph, get about 17mpg...Rides nice!!
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #14

We bought a used Pleasure Way 2 years ago. Its a 2003. We bought it from a private dealer in Vermont. And we love it. We have been out West to Yellowstone, Bryce, Mt Rushmore and also to Fl several times. Its a perfect RV for 2 people. We get fairly
good mileage. About 15-18 mpg, its gas. No real major issues so far.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote