Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #1

Default Hello from South Texas

Hi, I am in the early stages of research. I want to buy a used Class B and do a couple of extended trips to test the water. If all goes as expected, I will sell my house and travel full time. On some trips I want to pull my 21' bass boat. I would love to hear from anybody that is pulling a boat. So far, I like the Pleasure Way and the Roadtrek. I am 6'4" tall so need to see what is out there that will fit me the best. I need to go to a major show to do comparisons so I can figure out what to start looking for in the used market.
leftykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard. You will find people who can give you solid advice and recommendations on whatever brand your after. You really need to spend time in all the models, at 6'4" and wanting to go full-time, and pull a bass boat could be problematic. Probably having the total weight of the boat and trailer, tongue weight, would be help when visiting a Dealer. Maybe you can arrange to rent a B in your scope and see how it handles, tows and sleeps. Ron
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 AM   #3

Thanks Ron, that is good advise.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Gold Member

Hi and welcome,
We were in a similar position to you and have just took the first step in purchasing a used 2008 Pleasure Way 2500 Sprinter we do not have a boat to tow but I believe the tow hitch has a tow rate weight of 5k lbs and a tongue weight of 750 lbs, I would imagine your bass boat is about 3k lbs and probably a single axle the therefore does not need trailer brakes (in CA anyway) The Pleasure Way Plateau is definitely well made and worth a look.
Best of luck.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #5

Hi David, it is a tandem axle trailer with hydraulic brakes and about 4200 pounds I think depending on what all I carry. I need to find out what the tongue weight is. It will fall within the limits of some of the Class B's I have been researching. Good luck with your rig.