Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Hello from the Midwest!

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2007 Pleasure Way Lexor TS and can't wait to take our first road trip. We are completely new to the Class B world, and I hope to learn as much as possible from the seasoned travelers here on the forum. In time, maybe even contribute a little. .

We've camped in pop-ups and owned a travel trailer for a while, but I'm too nervous towing things. Class B is the perfect solution for two.
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome
I have a 2006 TD

I have posted on replacing seat foam, headlights, shocks and my TV and antenna and converted to led lights inside easily searchable thanks to the lay out of these forums

suggest you run through all the systems in the driveway and "practice" basic tasks.
gather manuals for the fridge and the genny and etc and stash in that spot under the passenger seat.

if you have an armoire behind the driver seat, you may find a false bottom and the water pump is under there - it can be a handy hidey hole.
my armoire I converted to a pantry with shelving and sliding rack for pots and pans on the bottom

Enjoy the new rig

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWUGrad View Post
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2007 Pleasure Way Lexor TS and can't wait to take our first road trip. We are completely new to the Class B world, and I hope to learn as much as possible from the seasoned travelers here on the forum. In time, maybe even contribute a little. .

We've camped in pop-ups and owned a travel trailer for a while, but I'm too nervous towing things. Class B is the perfect solution for two.
You certainly do sound like a perfect candidate for a class b. Enjoy!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:44 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Thanks, Mike. We plan to "camp out" in the backyard this weekend. I have all of the manuals that I'm looking over and the previous owner had it from new, so he had every single record ever and a generator log. He showed me the pump under the floor as well. I would have never known it was there. I really like the idea of the slide outs in the cabinet. I might make the neighbors mad running the generator, but oh well.
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:54 AM   #5
Platinum Member

if unsure about the genny noise/neighbors...fire it up and drive the van.

the agitation of the fuel in the carb float bowl can't be bad- BTW the fuel pick up is at about 1/3 tank- to keep from being stranded in the woods.
we have NEVER used the genny camping the only AC power items we have are the microwave ( which we use to store plates and bowls) and the air conditioning- we try to go to cooler locations.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote