Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Hey From NorCal

I have trolled this site for the good information we needed when we were looking for the right Class B. Just bought our Roadtrek last Friday. We started with a Class C, then a Riverside Retro and now this one. If you noticed a trend downward in size, it's because of the wife's desire to have something she feels comfortable driving. I believe we have a winner.

One note of curiosity is that the RT was first sold in Canada, so the speedometer is in KPH with the MPH in smaller numbers underneath. Takes a little adjusting.
Top2MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top2MP View Post
I have trolled this site for the good information we needed when we were looking for the right Class B. Just bought our Roadtrek last Friday. We started with a Class C, then a Riverside Retro and now this one. If you noticed a trend downward in size, it's because of the wife's desire to have something she feels comfortable driving. I believe we have a winner.

One note of curiosity is that the RT was first sold in Canada, so the speedometer is in KPH with the MPH in smaller numbers underneath. Takes a little adjusting.
Welcome to the forum Top2MP!

Those Chevy Express-based "b's" are pretty sweet. With good tires, proper alignment, and new shocks they will cruise at any legal speeds (not that I recommend it). The long wheel base that helps on the highway, results in a parking lot turning radius of the Queen Mary.

My wife almost refuses to drive, but when she did, she had no problem. I have no problem driving anywhere including into traffic. To me, the big adjustment was relying on mirrors and the rear-view camera. But once you do, you realize there are no blind spots which is a huge confidence builder. And coming from larger rigs, you will enjoy driving in the twistys and passing up gas stations due to a 14-16 mpg range.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

welcome

you'll get good at doing the math in your head

you are probably old enough to have had a US car with Kph markings on the speedo, so it'll come back

I imagine the odometer and the computer functions are also metric- no big deal

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Congratulations!

Exactly what model did you purchase & year, I see Rowiebowie mentioned the Chevy but is that what you ended up with?
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Platinum Member

profile says
2006 Popular 190.
Nice ride
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote