Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #1

Default Howdy Folks

My name is David. I bought my 2005 QD new in 2005. We downsized from a 27 foot class C, with 2 slide-outs. We're not the type of people who will go camping for the sake of camping. We land at the campground for dinner and to sleep. The rest of the time we're on the go. That's the main reason we downsized. Our Rialta lets us wonder with the convenience of having our galley and facilities right with us. It works great for journeys as well as day trips. I set my old GPS in truck mode so we aren't routed down any small side roads or through any tunnels.

We have about 78,000 miles on our RV. Most of those miles were driven around New England, but we have ventured out to Ohio to visit family a few times. For the last few years we tugs all the extras that didn't fit in the RV behind us in a very small trailer. It was handy for holding things like our canopy and even an extra fridge.

This past weekend we added a small (light) pop-up to the stable. I think we're going to sell the utility trailer since the pop-up will carry our extra stuff and be our home base when we travel.

dhpenfield is offline   Reply With Quote