Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #1

Default Long time RV’er, new to the Class B world…

My wife and I are looking into a Class B. We have had a few different RV’s over the years but the compact B is something that never suited our needs with the kids.

Fast forward a “few” years and we are now thinking about a Class B because of its maneuverability while traveling and something my wife feels comfortable driving. This is not something we will live in but more of a luxurious way to travel…

Thank you
Sailusvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm a first time RV (Class b+) owner. I drove (wife rode shotgun) 300 miles to see the Ark Encounter. Wife usually isn't a good rider but in the Class B she sat up higher where she could enjoy the scenery.

Friday night we backed into our RV lot with ease. Plugged into shore power so the wife would have AC. Neighbor was reattaching his truck to his 5th wheel because he didn't have enough leveling blocks and wanted to move his 5th wheel over to a more level spot. Then he had the slide outs and awning and ....

Saturday morning I unplugged from shore power and drove us to see the Ark. Parked in the RV only area of the parking lot and a shuttle picked us up.

Saturday evening back to the RV park and plugged into shore power. Sunday morning (yep you guessed it) unplugged from shore power and headed home. Doesn't get much easier. If it wasn't for the AC we wouldn't even needed the shore power.
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
Platinum Member

the B advantages are ease of driving, parking and mpg

these suit our needs

My wife has done solo trips to see family in other States

We get about 16 mpg on 87 octane at 65 ish

any rv is a pile of compromises, with your experience you'll be able to tell pretty quick if the space in a B will work for you

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:32 PM   #4

Good info, thank you!
Sailusvi is offline   Reply With Quote