Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Looking Forward to Hanging Out with You All!

We just started looking at RVs about 3 months ago. It didn't take long before it was clear that Class B was the way to go.

Haven't found our perfect unit yet and really wish Sprinters still came in their 2006 size (22' with 155" WB), but I'm sure the right one is out there. Hope y'all don't hold our lack of ownership against us - we're trying, honest!

Really happy to have discovered this forum. Everyone seems so nice and helpful - I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all!

Phoebe
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I would guess it took us 3 or 4 months of looking before we found our B

there are always compromises and features which only you can balance

for example I was hot on a sprinter and loved the way it drove- but the WB conversion was shockingly poor quality.
further thought showed me that the cost of ownership would be high on a diesel MB compared to a gas Chevy

the more you look at units and youtube videos the better you will be able to make your choice

a B has a very high cost per square foot vs a C, but the advantages are ease of driving and parking and MPG.
Most B's ( I think) have a better std of build quality

if you are near yucaipa, check out poptop heaven, they carry the old VW rialta model which alot of people really like- esp if under 5'10"

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks, MKguitar!

You know, when you get married, all life is a compromise.

DH has had an F350 4X4 Diesel since 1996. Camping consisted of sleeping under the cab-high Leer shell and using a 5-gallon bucket and plastic bag for, you know...

Now that his truck is old enough to buy its own alcohol, it's time for a real toilet.

I would be just fine with a gasser. Bit worse mileage, but cheaper to buy and no rubber-necking gas stations to see if they have the green nozzle. Looked at a Zion, which I thought had the perfect floorplan, but the seats were miserable and DH can't let go of his diesel fantasies.

So, Sprinter it is. At least we have given up on 4X4 and moved on to dual rear wheels. I'd give my eye teeth for a Pleasure Way Plateau with the two twin beds, but they are pretty scarce.

Phoebe
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post

[...]

a B has a very high cost per square foot vs a C, but the advantages are ease of driving and parking and MPG.

[...]

mike
Being able to parallel park your RV should certainly be in the "Book of Awesome"! It always makes me smile!
Mat Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Parallel parking can be done in about any RV if not in marked spaces. However, width is more a limiting factor and Class Bs have an advantage over other RVs.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote