Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 01:45 PM   #1

Default New class B owner

We just purchased a new Fleetwood Irok and are new to rv life as well. Posting from camp on our maiden voyage to Fort Wilderness at Disney. We figured it would be an easy start since we live in the area and would be not to far from comfort if we forgot or needed something or more likely I didn’t know how to work something.

It’s me, wife and daughter 7. We enjoyed so much we extended our stay. Space is tight!

I have many questions but just wanted to say hello and will post in separate topic.

Thanks
BGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome!

Yup, space is tight in a Class B. You take turns moving around. Life mostly happens outside.

Have fun with it!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGator View Post
We just purchased a new Fleetwood Irok and are new to rv life as well. Posting from camp on our maiden voyage to Fort Wilderness at Disney. We figured it would be an easy start since we live in the area and would be not to far from comfort if we forgot or needed something or more likely I didn’t know how to work something.

It’s me, wife and daughter 7. We enjoyed so much we extended our stay. Space is tight!

I have many questions but just wanted to say hello and will post in separate topic.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum BGator!

You will likely find (over time) just what you need to carry and what you don't need. If you're like us, you will find it is always tight, but just space enough.

Consider that you mostly travel and sleep in your b and live out of it the rest of the time. To be able to drive anywhere, stop anywhere, and arrive rested is the beauty of a class b and well worth the space compromise.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning from you folks and contributing.

Rowie you have put it in perspective. As we reflect on our trip we are focusing more on utilizing the outdoor space.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:16 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGator View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning from you folks and contributing.

Rowie you have put it in perspective. As we reflect on our trip we are focusing more on utilizing the outdoor space.
I looked up your Irok model. The floor plan is similar to my dissimilar Chevy-based Airstream Avenue Suite and it works well for us. Let us know how your travels go in these strange times.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote