Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Well, this Ascent news is all very exciting! Can anybody say whether they've been able to create something of a front lounge for the 2021.5 Ascent? We're not asking for much - we want to be able to spin both front seats around and work or eat at a table (or tables, or the end of a counter, or whatever) so we can leave the back made up as a bed. Any chance of that in an Ascent? Bonus points for photos if the answer is "yes," or even a qualified, "sort of..."
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #22
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Well, this Ascent news is all very exciting! Can anybody say whether they've been able to create something of a front lounge for the 2021.5 Ascent? We're not asking for much - we want to be able to spin both front seats around and work or eat at a table (or tables, or the end of a counter, or whatever) so we can leave the back made up as a bed. Any chance of that in an Ascent? Bonus points for photos if the answer is "yes," or even a qualified, "sort of..."
I haven’t actually been in an Ascent but have watched just about every tour/walkthrough/factory video that exists on Youtube

I don’t think using the front as a lounge is workable for two people. One can sorta use the passenger seat turned 180 degrees with the kitchen counter extender, but it doesn’t provide for a great experience. Fast forward to 6:15 on this video:

https://youtu.be/GXhvuRD4peA

But if one person is still sleeping in the bed, one person can use the passenger seat as a poor man’s single lounge.

Given that the back of the driver seat is pinned against the bathroom wall, I don’t believe it rotates, but it might.

I think the Plateau FL and Lexor FL might be your best PW options for a functional front lounge for two people.

Of course, the couch/bed in the rear are quite simple to convert with the biggest pain being the table. But I can’t imagine it taking longer than 5 minutes to convert it, and then you’ve got a nice lounge with panoramic windows rather than a more enclosed lounge. Trade-offs, eh?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
I haven’t actually been in an Ascent but have watched just about every tour/walkthrough/factory video that exists on Youtube

I don’t think using the front as a lounge is workable for two people. One can sorta use the passenger seat turned 180 degrees with the kitchen counter extender, but it doesn’t provide for a great experience. Fast forward to 6:15 on this video:

https://youtu.be/GXhvuRD4peA

But if one person is still sleeping in the bed, one person can use the passenger seat as a poor man’s single lounge.

Given that the back of the driver seat is pinned against the bathroom wall, I don’t believe it rotates, but it might.

I think the Plateau FL and Lexor FL might be your best PW options for a functional front lounge for two people.

Of course, the couch/bed in the rear are quite simple to convert with the biggest pain being the table. But I can’t imagine it taking longer than 5 minutes to convert it, and then you’ve got a nice lounge with panoramic windows rather than a more enclosed lounge. Trade-offs, eh?
So true, trade-offs are the name of the game. Good point about one person lounging while one snoozes, that's definitely a key scenario. The trade-off between front lounge and bed works better, we think, if we go with more of a camping mentality for the sleeping area than thinking of it as a permanent "bedroom." For example, if we go with lightweight sleeping bags and a couple of pillows, etc., instead of trying to make it into a genuine full-time bed, we'll have just as much comfort and a ton more flexibility when it comes to lounging back there from time to time instead of dedicating the area to sleeping. It's taking us a bit to wrap our heads around the idea, because our last RV was a 28' Airstream trailer with a full-time bedroom and a legit queen-sized bed. We're determined to downsize, and a 19-foot van is incredibly attractive as a goal, so we're working to adjust our thinking. Meanwhile, we continue to look at the Lexor FL, the Plateau FL, and cast our eyes wantonly at the OnTour 2.2 while hoping they're going to do an FL version of that model now that the Transit's seats spin around nicely.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #24
Silver Member

I view the Plateau FL as an Ascent with a front lounge. That’s because you end up with a cramped bathroom and small fridge like the Ascent (I am actually seeing if PW will build my rig without the bathroom sink).

With the Plateau TS, you get a larger bathroom, larger fridge, and a closet that works well for storing the table. I considered the TS but opted for a more nimble rig and committed myself to be more disciplined and creative with the space. If absolutely needed, I can always add a carrier/storage box to the back, and can then also add a bike rack to it. But I intend to avoid this addition since it takes away from my stealthiness.

https://www.owlvans.com/sprinter/vs3...vel-2020-rabgy

A 4x4 option would have been nice, but I’ll compromise with an upgraded suspension.

https://agileoffroad.com/rip-kit-mercedes-sprinter/

I can sorta justify additional expenses/upgrades by avoiding paying msrp in this seller’s market by custom ordering and waiting 6 months. Custom ordering should save you 10-12% in this market.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Gaucho, Congrats on your new rig. Since you seem to gather ideas from YouTube, here's a creative Ascent owner. She has lots of good ideas for storage and other B-hacks. https://www.youtube.com/c/FromShetoMe/featured
Old 08-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #26
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCamperVan View Post
Gaucho, Congrats on your new rig. Since you seem to gather ideas from YouTube, here's a creative Ascent owner. She has lots of good ideas for storage and other B-hacks. https://www.youtube.com/c/FromShetoMe/featured
Gaucho and I bought our Ascents within a few days of each other. I've seen a few of those FromSheToMe videos.. she's really interesting. One of the best videos that she put out was a list of things that annoyed her about the Ascent that she wishes would be fixed; an updated video shows all the things that Pleasureway has since, indeed, fixed. At this point, her only issue may be a missing cup holder in the rear lounge!
PleasantonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #27
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCamperVan View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post and share that resource.

I have been subscribed to her channel for some time and many of the items I have listed on my Upgrades and Things to Buy spreadsheet originate from her, including upgrading the suspension at Agile Offroad.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #28

Does anyone know with the upgrades do they also support controlling the electronics on a mobile app?
Papasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:55 PM   #29
Silver Member

Not that I'm aware of... there's no Pleasureway App available on the Google Play store (for Android) or the iOS app store, and no one has said word one about it. So we'll probably have to resort to walking over to one of the two control panels in the unit. Barbaric.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #30

Yep we are spoiled . I saw this feature on another class B RV rreview on YT and it seems convenient. None of the new upgrades are listed on their website so there's still hope ...
Old 08-07-2020, 04:17 AM   #31

Got the following change list from a dealer. The bathroom window is removed.

2021.5 Changes

Plateau TS,FL & Ascent New Features:
* 10” Spyder Touch Screen All Models
* 3 cubic foot 12 V Compressor Fridge Plateau FL & Ascent
* Truma Vario Heat Furnace
* Blum Cabinet Door Stays
* Induction Stove
* Corian Aggregate Concrete
* Laminate Radius Cabinetry Standard
* Kitchen Cabinet Design
* Plateau FL Lounge Cabinets
* Vanity Sink Plateau TS
* Optional Euro Fenix White Matte Upper Cabinet

Plateau TS,FL & Ascent Deletions:
* Bathroom Window
* 3 way Dometic Fridge Plateau FL & Ascent
* Hemmed Carpet
* LP Stove
* Maple Cabinetry
Old 08-07-2020, 04:29 AM   #32
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasaur View Post
Does anyone know with the upgrades do they also support controlling the electronics on a mobile app?
The maker of the electronics controls appears to be Firefly based on an extensive walkthrough I watched of a Plateau, and Firefly has apps to control the electronics. However, the apps are dependent on the hardware supporting it.

Apps

Plateau 2021 walkthru, electronics system mentioned at 33:20 mark:

https://youtu.be/P7sMQuwKfys

Edit: just saw papasaur’s post, and it looks like the electronics have changed? The funny thing is that the guy in the walkthru video called it a Firefly Spyder system, so this muddies the waters a bit. If I had to guess, the upgrade may just be a larger screen, but hopefully the upgraded system allows for control from a smart device.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:34 AM   #33
Silver Member

I thought I had heard something about the bathroom window going away. Drat. That is a disappointment. I'll still love it, but boooo.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:01 AM   #34
Silver Member

Quote:

2021.5 Changes...
On balance, the changes are positive.

I would have preferred the bathroom window and probably the LP stove, but I ain’t complaining given the changes as a whole.

Note that they will also be cutting over to the 2 speed generator. The PW rep said my rig may or may not come with it. Fingers crossed. That could be a benefit of needing to wait longer for your build.

So, are you ordering, Papa?
Old 08-07-2020, 05:22 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:

2021.5 Changes

Plateau TS,FL & Ascent New Features:
* 10” Spyder Touch Screen All Models
* 3 cubic foot 12 V Compressor Fridge Plateau FL & Ascent
* Truma Vario Heat Furnace
* Blum Cabinet Door Stays
* Induction Stove
* Corian Aggregate Concrete
* Laminate Radius Cabinetry Standard
* Kitchen Cabinet Design
* Plateau FL Lounge Cabinets
* Vanity Sink Plateau TS
* Optional Euro Fenix White Matte Upper Cabinet

Plateau TS,FL & Ascent Deletions:
* Bathroom Window
* 3 way Dometic Fridge Plateau FL & Ascent
* Hemmed Carpet
* LP Stove
* Maple Cabinetry
Thanks for this. 3cft is kinda small for a fridge (sigh). Did they say anything about a compressor fridge in the TS models?
Old 08-07-2020, 05:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Thanks for this. 3cft is kinda small for a fridge (sigh). Did they say anything about a compressor fridge in the TS models?
All the changes apply to the latest Ascent TS.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
All the changes apply to the latest Ascent TS.
Right, but I did a poor job asking my question. The list above also applies to the Plateau FL and TS, and so I was wondering whether the Plateau TS still has a bigger fridge, as it did before, and if so, what size compressor fridge they had put in that one. Sorry, a bit off the Ascent topic, but I was riding the wave.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Right, but I did a poor job asking my question. The list above also applies to the Plateau FL and TS, and so I was wondering whether the Plateau TS still has a bigger fridge, as it did before, and if so, what size compressor fridge they had put in that one. Sorry, a bit off the Ascent topic, but I was riding the wave.
No problem. Sorry that's all I got from a dealer.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #39
Silver Member

Us Pleasureway fanboyz are going to take over this forum!

The fridge size is the one compromise my wife had to make. She would love to carry a week's worth of food in the rig and not have to worry. I'll have to post a question about that in another thread.

"Hello, my name is Michael, and I am a vanaholic. It has been... 20 minutes... since I last watched a youtube video or read a forum post." They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantonMac View Post
Us Pleasureway fanboyz are going to take over this forum!

The fridge size is the one compromise my wife had to make. She would love to carry a week's worth of food in the rig and not have to worry. I'll have to post a question about that in another thread.

"Hello, my name is Michael, and I am a vanaholic. It has been... 20 minutes... since I last watched a youtube video or read a forum post." They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step.
Ha, ha. No need to appologize for the recent spike in Pleasureway posts. They have a stellar reputation and the recent updates make them even better.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote