Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #1

Default New member 95 RT 190 versatile

Well I'm on my way to pick up a 1995 Roadtrek 190 versatile I found for too good a price to pass up.

Meticulous retired owner, clean engine compartment and chassis. He's got maintenance records and has done a lot of the suspension and overall chassis work that makes me happy.

Interior is pretty good, it definitely has a little bit of wear and tear since it's actually been used by this couple since 95.

This is my second real class B and my fourth RV and I have to say that I am very happy with the RT build quality. Still too much stuff, but nicely done.

Previously had a 94 coach house, and passing up both an 87 falcon and a lesharo to get this one.

(The lesharo was very tempting but I need to be able to pull a light utility trailer occasionally additive and put on a bike rack and do some upgrades. The lesharo is very much "what it is". )

Going to pretty much jump right in and be about 80% full time for the winter touring season here in AZ. Wife hasn't ever seen anything, and even as a native, I haven't done nearly everything in the state.
Koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:04 AM   #2

Tooling around the valley for a couple hours. Handles like a dodge. Everything checks out so far except water, which I haven't tried yet
Old 10-23-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Congratulations on the Roadtrek! Sounds like a great find.

We’re up in Pinetop with a Chevy P190. They’re now saying another warmer, dryer winter. Bad for our drought, bad for our ski season, great for winter RV travel. Enjoy!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #4

After the first night, it looks like all the systems I've tested work pretty well. I haven't gotten into the plumbing yet because there really was no need.

Most of what I'm going to have to deal with right now is going to be paint and some of the windows. Cranks don't seem to work various other little factors. Seals are either good or caulked