Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2022, 12:06 AM   #1

Default New member from Central Washington

Hey all!
Full time RV liver, just posted up at a local RV park for now with my wife and son. Thanks to the Rona, we lost our duplex and had to scramble to find living quarters and were blessed with a 34ft Class A.
But the REAL reason I'm here is that the summer before the virus someone gave me a 97 Roadtrek 190 Popular on the Dodge chassis. Long story short, the previous owner was enroute to Colorado and the RV kept shutting off on him. Knowing Dodge problems, I immediately knew it was the pesky crank position sensor. He gave it to me, and I fixed it in about 20 min and $60.

So, after my long winded intro, I'm here to gather as much knowledge and info about the RV as I can, so you'll see me post in a few other threads as well. The only picture I have for now is where we are parked, it's currently my 11yo son's 'apartment'.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, and hopefully gaining some valuable knowledge about my rig and the lifestyle!

Cheers,
BigHoss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220803_165933.jpg (137.1 KB, 21 views)
BigHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
Hey all!
Full time RV liver, just posted up at a local RV park for now with my wife and son. Thanks to the Rona, we lost our duplex and had to scramble to find living quarters and were blessed with a 34ft Class A.
But the REAL reason I'm here is that the summer before the virus someone gave me a 97 Roadtrek 190 Popular on the Dodge chassis. Long story short, the previous owner was enroute to Colorado and the RV kept shutting off on him. Knowing Dodge problems, I immediately knew it was the pesky crank position sensor. He gave it to me, and I fixed it in about 20 min and $60.

So, after my long winded intro, I'm here to gather as much knowledge and info about the RV as I can, so you'll see me post in a few other threads as well. The only picture I have for now is where we are parked, it's currently my 11yo son's 'apartment'.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, and hopefully gaining some valuable knowledge about my rig and the lifestyle!

Cheers,
BigHoss
hello and welcome am new here too
danylo.kerrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:15 AM   #3

greetings! I'm new as well - in the Seattle-ish area whereabouts are you in the middle of the state? Moses Lake?
theLegionWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLegionWithin View Post
greetings! I'm new as well - in the Seattle-ish area whereabouts are you in the middle of the state? Moses Lake?
Almost. Eburg area
BigHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
Almost. Eburg area

ah nice! been camping out that way a few times, up at Cooper Lake & a few more south of you on the Yakima river.
theLegionWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:11 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Greetings & welcome to a fine forum. Someone gave you a Roadtrek? Amazing. Not sure exactly what you are looking for but I have the same RT but a 2002. This forum has been helpful to me and there is also a FaceBook "Vintage Roadtrek" group that is great too. I recommend joining it as they are very responsive & helpful. We have put almost 40,000 miles on our RT190 P since purchasing it 3.5 years ago. BTW I am wondering how many miles are on yours? I would not want to live in my Roadtrek but it works great for the two of us to travel and say in about 45 days a year.
Stay safe,
s
sehsteve@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #7

Hey! Welcome! I, too, am a relative 'newbie' with a 2001-190Pop Chev RT. Folks here are very friendly and super helpful...can't recommend them highly enough! My RT wasn't a 'gift', but the old gal has 'gifted me' with many miles of smiles and pleasures over my 5yr ownership. Wishing you the same degree of happiness. I also had an issue with erratic, inexplicable stalls (sometimes in the midst of traffic..frightening to say the least!) but for the moment with a new more powerful battery, she seems to be behaving. Tks for the hint...next time, I'll mention it to the servicemen. Cheers and happy trails from Ontario, Canada
1phatred is offline   Reply With Quote