Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #1

Default New Member Pleasure way Pursuit

Hello all; My wife and I just bought our 1st RV. A Pleasure way Pursuit 2013 model with 23,000 km on it. Already had it out for a short trip and are excited about going on some longer trips. Will be checking in on advice about routes, campgrounds and all the obvious questions a newbe would have.
Stringvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

I'll start the usual chorus. The Pursuit is a class C, not a B....

Welcome to the forum...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #3

Gotta tell ya. It is all meaningless to me. Labels have meant very little to me in my life. Let's just say I have a PW Pursuit and leave it at that. No on to serious business. I see you have had a variety of vehicles. What's been the best / worst. Where have you traveled to. What are your major recommendations for a newbee.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2015, 02:51 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

The "best" for us has been the class B ERA, 30k miles in 2 years. The "worst" has been the 5th wheel, never used it.
As far as the best vehicle, it was the Chevy PW Lexor. The 2 Sprinter vehicles have been mediocre as far as chassis issues. Good strong motor though....weak transmissions.
Best is hard to qualify though. Different for each of us....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:59 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Well, I quite like the Pursuit. it has the excellent PW cabinetry and a good, usable layout. I am from Vancouver Island and have rv experience with two C class and my current B class PW. We generally use commercial RV resorts/campgrounds. We have found often that the Provincial campgrounds provide less services ie hookup facilities and are often not much cheaper. We do NOT camp overnight off roadways or in areas by ourselves for obvious reasons. We are not Walmart overnighters. We use our shower daily although my wife wants a LTV Unity MB because she complains about the wet bath which works for me (6ft1inch 185lbs) but not so much for her 5ft6inchs(good weight!). Many use the RV resort facilities which tend to be quite good. Your RV is I believe 22 ft so it should be fairly manoeuvrable for shopping etc and tight rv sites although the MB Sprinters have a tighter turning circle I have found and are a bit narrower than the cutaway designs. Happy trails.
AL
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 PM   #6

Al; Thanks for the post. We are also on the Island. Care to share some recommendations on camp sites. We are hoping to get away this September for a couple of shake down trips around the Island.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Last week we sure enjoyed Sproat Lake Provincial Park -- not what Al likes, or maybe you, as there aren't any hookups, but the sites are huge and level. And their showers were spotless.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringvan View Post
Al; Thanks for the post. We are also on the Island. Care to share some recommendations on camp sites. We are hoping to get away this September for a couple of shake down trips around the Island.
Hi
On the Island we like SALMON POINT, RIPPLE ROCK(BROWNS BAY), SURFSIDE, LIVING FOREST, PEDDARS BAY, WEIRS BEACH. SPROAT LAKE IS VERY NICE TOO. Also, TELEGRAPH COVE.THUNDERBIRD RV PARK is convenient to water and walk to shops too. In the Campbell River area there are several RV places which are quite good. Hope that helps. We are just North of Victoria at Cobble Hill. Where are you? We tend to drive to Parksville and then on to Campbell River for longer stays than a couple of days. With those small black tanks like we have we prefer hookups as we shower and stuff and seldom use RV park facilities although some folks do quite successfully.

AL
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #9

Al;
We are in Central Saanich on the peninsula. WE are going out to Bamberton this sunday to camp with some friends but are thinking of giving Living Forests a try in a couple of weeks. With school starting up our guess it places will be a little less crowded.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #10

Have you enjoyed your Pursuit? I am looking at buying one and would like input.
Bc2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #11

We love our Pursuit. We've been from California to Alaska on the west coast. And just recently finished a cross Canada trip, visiting all 10 provinces and 2 territories. On average we are in our PW 5 months of the year at least. Our next trip will likely be Mexico for a winter.
Would not hesitate to recommend PW of any type or model.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:06 AM   #12

What type of gas mileage do you get? Planning on 10-12.

Do you tow a car?

Thanks for your input!
Bc2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #13

I've not towed anything yet.
As for gas mileage I'm getting about 11 or 12. Got less going through rockies.
We travel with our dog and have a fairly simple routine. I get up and walk him first thing then we have coffee then do another short walk then breakfast. If we are moving on we like to be on the road by 10 or 10:30 and we usually stop for the day around 2 or 2:30. This ensures we have no problems finding a spot for the night plus we are not thrashed by a long drive.