Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #1

Default New Member - Waiting on Delivery

To pass the time during COVID, I spent hours online researching Class B RV's. Rented a Travato GL before Labor Day to test out driving and staying in a Promaster Class B for a few nights in the Finger Lakes. Liked the PM, but the layout was not good for us. Started looking at the Pleasure Way Lexor FL and really like the layout.

Decided to pull the trigger last week only to find that there would be an 8-month wait. After checking all local (not many) dealers, I started calling ones that advertised they had models coming in which led me to Gerzeny in Florida. He indicated that he thought he had one coming at end of October and needed to check with PW HQ. After a couple of back and forth calls, he said he did indeed have one coming and got the specs for it. Colors were what we wanted except that it did not have the upgraded cabinets, but did have 2 extra solar panels. Looking to taking delivery in early December and have my first road trip planned to drive RV from FL to NJ.

Now the research has shifted to gear and mods. Also, looking at locations for early spring trips. Lots of great info on this site.
ketof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

maybe that first trip needs to be the gulf coast before you head for home.

congrats
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketof View Post
To pass the time during COVID, I spent hours online researching Class B RV's. Rented a Travato GL before Labor Day to test out driving and staying in a Promaster Class B for a few nights in the Finger Lakes. Liked the PM, but the layout was not good for us. Started looking at the Pleasure Way Lexor FL and really like the layout.

Decided to pull the trigger last week only to find that there would be an 8-month wait. After checking all local (not many) dealers, I started calling ones that advertised they had models coming in which led me to Gerzeny in Florida. He indicated that he thought he had one coming at end of October and needed to check with PW HQ. After a couple of back and forth calls, he said he did indeed have one coming and got the specs for it. Colors were what we wanted except that it did not have the upgraded cabinets, but did have 2 extra solar panels. Looking to taking delivery in early December and have my first road trip planned to drive RV from FL to NJ.

Now the research has shifted to gear and mods. Also, looking at locations for early spring trips. Lots of great info on this site.
Congratulations!!
We are very close to pulling the trigger on one as well. I just sent you a PM with some additional questions. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Ketof, Congrats on your impending Lexor. That layout is similar to it's older Canadian cousin that we own, LTV Free Spirit, and we love that layout.... galley on camping side, bed in back, bath across from door (love the little bath window!) One of the recent upgrades we made was for our bedding. After using several configurations of sleeping bags and DIY sleep-sacks, I purchased a queen size RV Superbag and wish I'd done it several years ago. They're expensive but worth it for comfort, ease of bed-making and easily washable sheets. RVSuperbag.com
Old 10-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCamperVan View Post
Ketof, Congrats on your impending Lexor. That layout is similar to it's older Canadian cousin that we own, LTV Free Spirit, and we love that layout.... galley on camping side, bed in back, bath across from door (love the little bath window!) One of the recent upgrades we made was for our bedding. After using several configurations of sleeping bags and DIY sleep-sacks, I purchased a queen size RV Superbag and wish I'd done it several years ago. They're expensive but worth it for comfort, ease of bed-making and easily washable sheets. RVSuperbag.com
Thanks for the info.
ketof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #6

Default discount

Does the florida pleasure way dealer give any discount ? Thanks.
sroy992004@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #7

No discount because vehicle was coming in 1 month and not a new direct from PW order.