Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default New owners in Maine

Hi, my wife and I bought a 1997 Pleasure Way STW. We are looking forward to exploring the US by road in the upcoming years. We recently lived on our 40 ft. sailboat full time and spent a year exploring from the maritimes to the bahamas.
Tim R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Hi, my wife and I bought a 1997 Pleasure Way STW. We are looking forward to exploring the US by road in the upcoming years. We recently lived on our 40 ft. sailboat full time and spent a year exploring from the maritimes to the bahamas.
Welcome to you and your wife Tim!

What great experiences you must have had at sea. Now's is your time (minus Covid restrictions) to see the country by land.

My parents traveled in their "b" in the 70's & 80's and cris-crossed the country many times. I didn't understand at the time why they kept returning to the same areas, until we got our "b" a few years ago. Now I know there is too much to see at one time. We've been to two of the big 4 Utah parks and need to go back for the other 2. Plus, we've learned of many places we didn't even know about on our first trip out there. The same thing goes for the rest of the country and someday Canada.

Enjoy your van and ask away with any questions. There's a lot of knowledge to draw on in this forum.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My next door neighbors have a sailboat they had on Lake Pepin (Mississippi River) and transported it to Manitowac, WI on Lake Michigan. They had planned to sail through the Great Lakes this year, through the NY Canals and down to the Caribbean this year but are stuck on Lake Michigan because of COVID. Their plans were delayed a year but I guess they are seeing a lot of Lake Michigan this year.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote