Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2019, 02:03 AM   #1

Default New Road Trekker

Hello! Just got our 1st RV, picked a nice 99 Road Trek 190 Popular. Got a good deal on it, 40k miles, everything works great. There will be some things I’ll be wanting to do it, which brings me here to get some insight from the experienced folk. Can’t wait to dive in. 92863E3B-C165-415E-BD9B-39B6D8A56833.jpeg
Timmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:27 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
Hello! Just got our 1st RV, picked a nice 99 Road Trek 190 Popular. Got a good deal on it, 40k miles, everything works great. There will be some things I’ll be wanting to do it, which brings me here to get some insight from the experienced folk. Can’t wait to dive in.
Welcome to the forum Timmay!

Lots of good help on this forum.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!
What are the things you want to do to it?
richpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #4

Welcome! I’m a newbie, also. This forum is a good one!
Juliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:13 AM   #5

Hi, Fellow "Killer B's", We bought a 2000 Dodge 190 Popular that had odometer 200k miles, "it's a killer of a deal 'cuz it has only 57K on a rebuilt motor", we were told .
Well, 1st, while it was parked at our mechanics garage, kids broke rear side windows on both sides and the the windshield; 2ndly, then it failed emissions test due to 2 cylinders not having much compression which turned into a valve job. 3rdly, Prior to the valve job, those two cylinders were discovered to be cracked, so we get to have a new head installed. Nonetheless, we are calling it the Mystic Gypsy Blue (looks just like Timmay's) and we are excited to hit the road ! If anyone has any hints, tips, upgrade farkles or just plain 'This is how I did it' info to share, plz do so.
StormnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormnDale View Post
Hi, Fellow "Killer B's", We bought a 2000 Dodge 190 Popular that had odometer 200k miles, "it's a killer of a deal 'cuz it has only 57K on a rebuilt motor", we were told .
Well, 1st, while it was parked at our mechanics garage, kids broke rear side windows on both sides and the the windshield; 2ndly, then it failed emissions test due to 2 cylinders not having much compression which turned into a valve job. 3rdly, Prior to the valve job, those two cylinders were discovered to be cracked, so we get to have a new head installed. Nonetheless, we are calling it the Mystic Gypsy Blue (looks just like Timmay's) and we are excited to hit the road ! If anyone has any hints, tips, upgrade farkles or just plain 'This is how I did it' info to share, plz do so.

Welcome to the forum StormnDale!

Sorry to hear about your initial problems, but it seems you have overcome and not let it dampen your enthusiasm.

Safe travels.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 AM   #7
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
Hello! Just got our 1st RV, picked a nice 99 Road Trek 190 Popular. Got a good deal on it, 40k miles, everything works great. There will be some things I’ll be wanting to do it, which brings me here to get some insight from the experienced folk. Can’t wait to dive in. Attachment 7531

Nice! Congrats and welcome to ClassB life!

What's something like that go for if you don't mind me asking?
bigfelipe is offline   Reply With Quote