Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 12:03 AM   #1

Default New To Class B

Thanks for the add. We currently own a 32' fifth wheel and recently purchased a Winnebago Travato. This is our first Class B and we plan to use it for longer cross country trips.
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi Cindy, Welcome

I have another model, but you'll find plenty here with yours or similar models

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Congrats Cindy! Travatos are well regarded models. Is your the "G" or "K"?

Downsizing will be a challenge, but will be offset by great gas mileage, easy driving, and park-anywhere convenience.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
Gold Member

Default Congrats and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Thanks for the add. We currently own a 32' fifth wheel and recently purchased a Winnebago Travato. This is our first Class B and we plan to use it for longer cross country trips.
Hello Cindy, we bought a new 2020 Travato 59K in the fall and love it (now have 12,000 miles. I have made some great modifications and adjustments. Which model did you buy? My dealer was great on some minor coach fixes.

If it was the K model, I can send you a few tips. We also found that putting a rack on back in the slider with a couple of water resistant boxes really made more space and easier to do things. A ladder and sports rack are the best in my opinion.

Enjoy the RV and you will find parking and hooking up a pleasure. I like to time others with trailers and Class A/C on how long it takes them to set up.
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife View Post

If it was the K model, I can send you a few tips. We also found that putting a rack on back in the slider with a couple of water resistant boxes really made more space and easier to do things. A ladder and sports rack are the best in my opinion.

Can you send this to me as well please?
Batt 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:15 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batt 57 View Post
Can you send this to me as well please?
Yes, a few items:

1. Below your toilet on the outside of the door is a plate with screws. I opened this up and found space. I use it to keep my tank chems, gloves, and my sewer hose. I bought a straight end connection to the 10' sewer hose, and it fits tightly inside. I took the plate and taped the bottom (or I could add a hinge), and then used a couple of thumb screws from Home Depot (same size as the screws I removed) to hold it closed These work well in order to open and close quickly.

2. On the ladder, I put a spare tire holder from Amazon, and connected it with a plate to the ladder. I also use this with some brackets to hold chairs and things.

3. Under the running board by the slider door. I took a piece of 5" square PVC fence with caps and attached a 3' section (give or take) piece up to the frame. There were already some brackets with holes to put bolts on the frame. I took a thumb screw on one end for easy on and off and glued the other end. I found you could put rolls (2) toilet paper, and (1) roll of paper towels wrapped in plastic inside. Sure saved a lot of space inside the cab storage.

There were several other modifications did, and some were from the WIT club memebers. I enjoy doing this kind of thing as a hobby, trying to figure how to carry what I need and not use the inside space. Maybe I will write a short book. LOL
Old 07-27-2020, 09:21 PM   #7

Hi. We have the K. Looking forward to easier maneuvering!
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #8
Bronze Member

We’re on our 2nd Travato K model. We put 27K miles on our 2018 in a little over 2 years. It’s a breeze to park in most cities. We’re really impressed with the upgrades a Winnebago did to the 2020 model, including the Sumo Springs. The newer Coleman AC is so quiet. We did purchase a Hughes Power Defender for hooking up our electric. We like the Bluetooth readings plus if it takes a surge, the suppressor can be replaced. You’ll love the Travato. There’s plenty of awesome class B’s out there. I like Beachlife’s mods. I’m going to check out that toilet one. Enjoy your travels Ms. Cindy!
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
We’re on our 2nd Travato K model. We put 27K miles on our 2018 in a little over 2 years. It’s a breeze to park in most cities. We’re really impressed with the upgrades a Winnebago did to the 2020 model, including the Sumo Springs. The newer Coleman AC is so quiet. We did purchase a Hughes Power Defender for hooking up our electric. We like the Bluetooth readings plus if it takes a surge, the suppressor can be replaced. You’ll love the Travato. There’s plenty of awesome class B’s out there. I like Beachlife’s mods. I’m going to check out that toilet one. Enjoy your travels Ms. Cindy!
Oh I forgot to tell everyone that the tire air pump they provide fits under the passenger seat. Pull the back side lower plastic plate off, and you see a space to put the pump. I have sent a few ideas to Kathryn at Winnie on these items. More to come, but your all right. Downsize and get creative. I even took out the big dining table and made a smaller one that turns around. Enjoy