Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 12:29 AM   #1

Default New-to-us 97

Hello! Husband and I just bought a '97 Rialta. Came from a retired couple no longer camping. We've wanted one since we first laid eyes on them back in the mid 90s. We're learning on the fly, and taking short jaunts (partially due to crazy work schedule) to get warmed up. Looking forward to our new adventures.

gettejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Default New-to-us 97

Welcome gettejones.. Hope you enjoy your rialta as much as me ans my hunny do.. Herb

1996 bee-alta

55k and climbing

herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #3

Default New-to-us 97

Hello, I bought my first Rialta this year after having camped in a couple of Westfalias and an Eurovan.

i was never comfortable in those vans tho I loved driving them and the feeling of freedom they gave me. Saw a 1997 Rialta at a Bluegrass festival last year and never dreamed I'd find one that was affordable. Rialta Heaven sells theirs for around $40,000 and that's not in my budget. Found mine on Craigslist and am now the happy owner of a 2000 FD. There's a few problems like leaks, smell of old smoke, broken cabinets but since I got it for less than $20,000 I figured I could afford to fix things along the way. The bed is much more comfortable than any other and since it's a full time bed there's no hassle at night, just jump in and sleep.

im hoping to go to a rally sometime and chat about thing with others, rumor has it that there might be one in the Pacific Northwest.

ciao

pilar

pilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Default New-to-us 97

I used to have a westfalia thet both of us liked a lot .....but since we tried the Rialta , jsute fell in love !

the drive, the little fuel it uses , the comfort and the minimal size will conquer you ,garanty !

Dan , 2000 FD