Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2021, 02:36 AM   #1

Default New van in town

Hey folks,

Newbie here, just bought a 1982 dodge b250 roadtrek a couple weeks ago and I'm looking to make the most of it.

I was looking for a passenger van to use for work and play when I found this one, decided I could modify it to suit my needs and have some fun along the way.

Married with one young child, hopefully another in the near future. Wife and I have enjoyed tent camping for years, but she's really pushing the glamping lifestyle past few trips.

I'm here to learn more about these vehicles and maybe a little inspiration for how to set mine up. Looking forward to hearing from you.

P.S. I go by BullOnParade on all web forums, so on the off chance you know my handle from another hobby, feel free to say hello.
BullOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
Silver Member

Welcome!
My wife and I bought our B after backpacking, tent camping, bicycle touring (supported and unsupported) and being guests in others' various camp rigs. I chuckled when I read that your wife was pushing "glamping" because I'm sure my wife doesn't consider using a Class B as such.
rogerstg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

That's quite an ol... err... vintage unit! I'd love to see what you're starting with, as well as what you make of it for you and your growing family. How about some "before" photos?

Welcome, and best wishes with your project!
Old 09-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #4

Smile Wow!

Wow what a lucky find! I have a 1992 Roadtrek so mines pretty old too but I really love the look of those vintage Roadtreks from the 80s! In case you are on Facebook there is a vintage Roadtrek group there that has lots of good info about our older vans. You’re going to have so much fun fixing it up and camping with it~
Ygnacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
Welcome!
My wife and I bought our B after backpacking, tent camping, bicycle touring (supported and unsupported) and being guests in others' various camp rigs. I chuckled when I read that your wife was pushing "glamping" because I'm sure my wife doesn't consider using a Class B as such.
IMHO, sleeping in a real bed with real sheets and pillows, drinking cold drinks while sitting in a comfy chair, eating real food without swatting bugs—yeah, that's glamping, for sure.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote