Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2020, 01:10 AM   #1

Default Newbie from Australia

Hi everyone,
It’s Marisa here from Joolca. We’re the team behind the HOTTAP, a portable hot shower and sink system. I hope to learn from everyone in the forum.
Joolca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:32 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome from Canada.

The Australian market is quite cool, and I wish we had a lot of the products here that you do. The trailers you have blow away anything we've got.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:22 AM   #3

Thanks for the warm welcome! Well I wouldn't say that but it's quite the compliment. I plan to make it up to Canada at some point.
Joolca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolca View Post
Hi everyone,
It’s Marisa here from Joolca. We’re the team behind the HOTTAP, a portable hot shower and sink system. I hope to learn from everyone in the forum.
Hey Joolca, are you still monitoring this forum?

If so, I have a logistical question:

Are you able to give us some sense of how many hot showers might be derived from a 5-lb or an 11-lb propane tank? I'm talking about those cute little mini-tanks that some manufacturers produce (such as Flame King).

You are in a van forum here, and we live with profound space limitations. Your promotional materials show your products hooked up to a conventional 20-lb BBQ propane tank, but most of us cannot carry tanks that large for lack of space.

Furthermore, those of us with older B vans, and some newer ones, cannot hook an adapter or a splitter to our integrated propane tanks. In my case, I have a chassis leaf spring impinging on my undermounted tank area, resulting in no room to hook up extra hardware that would allow me to divert propane from that tank. I need to use satellite tanks for non-integrated propane uses.

Therefore, if we were to use your products, we'd need to fuel them using a smaller portable tank, but I don't have a feel for how much mileage we would get out of those, which speaks to the question of whether it would be worth it.

Any insight you might have would be appreciated.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Are you able to give us some sense of how many hot showers might be derived from a 5-lb or an 11-lb propane tank? .................
I received an off-forum response to this question posted above.

Joolca says, "A 20-lb propane tank will yield around 12 hours on the highest gas setting. This means that a 5-lb tank can last you at least 3 hours of hot showers."
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote