Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #1

Default Newbie from MD

Hello. My name is Kevin and I just purchased a 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous RS. We are from Annapolis, MD and can't wait to start traveling. We are boaters so most of the systems on a RV are very similar, but still looking forward to learning as much as possible from all the experience on these forums.
KevinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Hello. My name is Kevin and I just purchased a 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous RS. We are from Annapolis, MD and can't wait to start traveling. We are boaters so most of the systems on a RV are very similar, but still looking forward to learning as much as possible from all the experience on these forums.

Welcome Kevin - I'm near Columbia, MD. Traveling in a B-van is great. I do about 20,000 miles a year and planning a second trip to Alaska.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:07 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, KevinC!

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Welcome Kevin - I'm near Columbia, MD. Traveling in a B-van is great. I do about 20,000 miles a year and planning a second trip to Alaska.
Thanks. I work in Columbia. We are using it for holiday travels, as well as vacation traveling. Driving it home last weekend made us want to pass Annapolis and keep driving south.

How long have you had yours?
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks. I work in Columbia. We are using it for holiday travels, as well as vacation traveling. Driving it home last weekend made us want to pass Annapolis and keep driving south.

How long have you had yours?

I bought my Airstream Interstate new in October 2012, but didn’t start traveling until April 2013. It now has 109,000 miles. I’ve added more solar, bigger batteries and larger inverter. Airstream needs to up their game on Interstates if they want me to buy another. I’m planning to buy a new B-van in a few years. Will probably go with a custom build on a new 2500 Sprinter 144” WB with gas engine.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Another 2006 Adventurous Owner

Hi Kevin - We also own a 2006 Adventurous RS that we bought last March and are loving it. We are located in VA near DC, and love Annapolis. It is our first motorhome and we are learning a lot as we go. We have done 5 medium to long trips, and on the most recent decided to pull a toad. Happy to compare notes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1003181850a_HDR.jpg (152.4 KB, 13 views)
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrsrule View Post
Hi Kevin - We also own a 2006 Adventurous RS that we bought last March and are loving it. We are located in VA near DC, and love Annapolis. It is our first motorhome and we are learning a lot as we go. We have done 5 medium to long trips, and on the most recent decided to pull a toad. Happy to compare notes...
Thanks. We just spend the weekend giving ours a thorough cleaning and starting organizing supplies. We are using it to drive to see family in PA for the holidays and are hoping to get a short weekend trip somewhere the first weekend in Dec. We are boaters and most of the systems are similar, but there is still a bit to learn. Definitely would help to compare notes. I will reach out to you.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Kevin, I have owned the same model and year as yours. I am hope you will enjoy it as much as we have.
Alex and Jan
lxmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe

Hey, we live in Glen Burnie area. Retired 5 years ago and never looked back. Longest we have camped in our B is 1 and 1/2 months. Have up coming trip for 2 months. Going to start snowbirding all winter in few years. We never feel cramped in our 1995 Dodge. This trip started towing small motor cycle trailer for some extra room. Just to see how works on longer trips. Worked great and as usual found more stuff to buy lol. It takes a while to figure out what you need and don't. Good luck and enjoy!!!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #10

Thanks everybody for the great welcome. We used it to travel back to PA this past week for Thanksgiving to see family, however we did not stay on it. There is a Camping World back there so between Amazon orders and a trip there, we have it pretty well outfitted for necessities. This weekend we may try to go to the Delaware Seashore for 2 nights. That should help us get a list of things we forgot. So far we love traveling in it. My fiance jokes about me driving the house.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:59 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Hi Kevin!

I just got a 2014 SS Agile 2 days ago and joined the forum. You are way ahead of me on the learning curve. Enjoy yours! We are still on page 2 of the manual. ��
Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote