Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

Default Newbie from MD

Greetings from the People's Republic of Maryland. I'm a 64 year-old controls engineer and industrial programmer who has not yet dived into the RV world but am sticking my toe in the water getting ready to retire sometime soon and travel with my wife and Jack Russell Terrier. I'm thinking class B is right for us and that's why I'm here. I work for a small OEM who manufactures machines for the plastics industry. I'm a jack-of-all-technical-trades type so I think tinkering with RVs might suit me well in retirement. Hopefully, I can learn from your mistakes and discoveries, but if history is any guide, I will likely ignore good advice and make my own epic mistakes.

Thanks for having me!
AutoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:16 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDoc View Post
if history is any guide, I will likely ignore good advice and make my own epic mistakes.
Epic. Welcome, you'll fit in well here
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #3
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe

I live in Maryland unfortunately too. We bought a 1995 Xplorer 230 on a Dodge body. Have had few things with camper and truck over the years. Most problems have been with the Onan 2800 generator. Repaired some things myself and had repair shop do others. Lost track of money put into generator. Have replaced lighting inside with LEDs. Not much else as previous owner did not use much. Getting ready to do some pin striping removal and paint touch up. Might even go for complete paint if price is right. We love our class B.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote