Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2021, 03:06 AM   #1

Cool Newbie Pleasure Way Plateau TS HELP

Hi All,
I have a habit of jumping then asking where the parachutes are? So, here we go!
I just bought a 2007 PW Plateau TS. 137k miles the coach is in excellent condition (refit?). All genset, 3way fridge stove, head, lights, fan a/c cab and a/c roof top work fine. 4 yr tires with good tread.
Not a lot of these on the market? Good thing/bad thing?
I am having the oil changed, brakes bled and new dot 4, power steer fluids replaced, engine coolant services as well.
Now…. Are there any inherent issues I need to be concerned with? Is 137k on this MB engine midlife or a must watch at all times. Engine temp were at about 190 on a 10 mile drive inn80 degree weather. Concerns or about right? I did some RVing with my Dad years ago and as I am 65 it’s my turn. He is not here anymore so am going local knowledge.
Please be helpful and tell the raw truth. What should I watch out for and wish me luck.
Glad to join this group as it means I’m an owner👍😬
Thxs again,terryc56
Terryc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:28 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Congrats, My 2006 PW Lexor is on a gas chev

I am very happy with the RV build quality, the layout of the systems

you may benefit from knowing that on some PW's the 12 volt circuit breakers ( cubes about 3/4 x 3/4) have an indicator when tripped which the manual says is red...some of us have found that the indicator may be black- it is tiny and hard to see ...the first time!

on some models the 120 volt outlet at the galley and outside are on the GFCI in the head

measure your height and mark it on your side mirror and sun visor.
take no chances with drive thrus

I'm not a facebook guy, but the PW group there is very helpful, I had a couple of PW specific questions and got some good help

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1320069544851352/about

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Terry, Congrats on your new-to-you campervan. The Pleasure-Way Plateau is the Canadian cousin of our 2010 Leisure Travel Vans Free Spirit (on 2008 Sprinter Freightliner-badged) Both are quality rigs. We find the layout very functional and open. It looks like you're keeping that Dodge-Mercedes diesel engine healthy and it's good for many more miles.
I also endorse joining a rig-specific Facebook group for another resource.
Happy Trails.
Here's more about your PW rig.... https://pleasureway.com/wp-content/u...y-Brochure.pdf
Old 12-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I had a 2005 Pleasure-way Plateau. You got one of the best if not the best Class B at the time. Best design, IMO, and best upfit quality. It's a T1N Mercedes Benz Sprinter (or could be badged as a Freigntliner as mine at the time) and your diesel engine is just broken in. It will last many more miles than gas engines which in my experience with several cars are on their last legs at 137K. I practically had to rebuild my gas engine 2003 Subaru Baja at 100K. Rest easy with that diesel.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Hi Terry,

Congratulations! You’re doing fine with it and all that you state is normal. I have a 2006 same exact rig as you. If you’re on Facebook, I have a dedicated group for our exact model and years for what you have, the T1N chassis and I5 engine. Open to those owners only so you get relevant knowledge from people that have the same rig as you.
I’ve lived in my 2006 Plateau for 15 years fulltiming and did all my own maintenance unless it required a lift or a computer.
Make sure you’re using the right fluids. That’s super important. Especially the oil. The nice thing about our rigs is we can use the Mobil 1 0W40 available at Walmart’s. It’s specially formulated for our engine and meets our 229.5 oil spec. The specs for all fluids can be found in your owners manual and there should be a maintenance logbook as well.
The house systems are great and easy to operate. We don’t have those same breakers the Lexor owner has, so don’t worry about those.
The other owners group to belong to is on groups.io. Owners only also, but everything available since almost the beginning of PW. Lots of resources in both places. I’d advise you to join both owners groups dedicated to our rigs.
Your engine is just broken in. I’ve heard they can go up to a million miles if well taken care of.
I look forward to welcoming you to both groups.

Cheers,
BL
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:13 AM   #6

Thank you all for these good tidings!!! am diving in
Terryc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryc56 View Post
Thank you all for these good tidings!!! am diving in
Welcome to the forum!

Another member Interblog, mentioned on this forum or airforums that the turbo hoses can be a problem. So just make them part of your regular inspection and keep the hose clamps tight.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote