Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #1

Smile Newbie to B Vans

I could not find out how to post and introduce myself, but am looking at a Winnebago Travato 59K, gas to buy. Any advice on what to look out for? I'm a 73 year old female who will be traveling alone or with a lady friend. Hubby doesn't like to travel. Have had five Airstreams, so I like quality;however, the AS motorhome is too expensive and I don't like the layout. Any advise on pricing, dealers and problems greatly appreciated.
Joan Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Platinum Member

We have had our 59k almost three weeks now. Our order took about 14 weeks to arrive, though the wait included the holidays. We are really pleased with it. Everything seems to be working well and we've been out 6 nights and are heading over to the mountains (of NC) tomorrow.

Wincrasher, who has provided so much Travato information and is on his third (a 59K this time), says you can bargain winnebagos 25-27% off MSRP. We didn't do quite that well (23%), but we got exactly what we wanted. Lichtsinn appears to give 20% off right off the bat. Perhaps they know far flung buyers won't be back for warranty work, but they are very helpful and picking one up in Iowa in the warmer months might work out well. I worried ours would arrive in Winter weather. I contacted quite a few dealers because our local dealership didn't start handling Travatos until after our order was in. Some held firm at MSRP. Many people comment that La Mesa is a good dealership.

Cool that you are ready to drive on your own. I plan on driving ours, but so far I've only been around a parking lot on Sunday.
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
Silver Member

search the facebook group Travato owners and wannabees, you can get questions answered there...good luck in your search.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote