Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Newby to the Forum

I'm looking forward to better understanding how our 2005 RoadTrek 210 Versatile functions. I'm still a little mystified by the inverter when boondocking, and our furnace isn't currently working. We've also had some fridge problems.... Glad to be joining the crew here on the forum.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I'm looking forward to better understanding how our 2005 RoadTrek 210 Versatile functions. I'm still a little mystified by the inverter when boondocking, and our furnace isn't currently working. We've also had some fridge problems.... Glad to be joining the crew here on the forum.
I'm assuming your RT has the 750w TrippLite inverter charger and is wired like my adventurous despite different chassis. If so your inverter supplies limited 110v power to only the outlet in the kitchen, and an outlet for the tv/DVD. This inverter also provides a modified sine wave AC, which may not be tolerated by newer electronics. I have a lot of discussion in my thread on upgrading my inverter to a 1500w pure sine wave version.

When you get shore power or if you have a generator on, the 110 power to the tripplite is automatically directed to the two inverted outlets, and they then get pure sine wave power.

Your furnace needs 12v on to run. There are several basic reasons for it not to work. Probably an ignitor or thermal cutout. There is a 12v fuse for it that you should check. Does the fan run, but no heat, or nothing ?

Do you have the 3 way (12v, 110v, propane) Dometic fridge? Mine had a board issue that made it not run on propane. The fix was not too expensive, but compressor style fridges are available that some folks like better, though you lose the propane option. I also added auxiliary cooling fans that improved the absorption frudge performance. I have an extensive thread up on that too.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrsrule View Post
Do you have the 3 way (12v, 110v, propane) Dometic fridge? Mine had a board issue that made it not run on propane. The fix was not too expensive, but compressor style fridges are available that some folks like better, though you lose the propane option. I also added auxiliary cooling fans that improved the absorption frudge performance. I have an extensive thread up on that too.

the fridge manual can be found online, cleaning the propane stack helped for me alot!

I also have external fans and added an internal fan as well to move air around inside it ( maybe $20 total)

living in a HOT climate I often freeze blue freezer packs and move them to the fridge section to help cool

also have a thermometer ( wireless like for your porch) to keep track of cooling without opening the door

propane works best, then AC, DC operation is marginal

compressor would be best, but I don;t have the electrical to support one

park with fridge on the shady side when you can

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:21 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Different model from you but will share my refrigerator experience, in case you have the same problem. We bought a 2012 in 2016. The refrigerator check light would come on unless the van was very level. I had to get out with the blocks and keep trying until it was almost perfect. The manual said 3 degrees tolerance so I assumed it eas normal. Then the controls acted up...would not switch on auto. Our mechanic replaced the control board and siddenly it didn't care if we were level. We set on max 5 for 110 and on 4 for propane and leave it on auto and it works perfectly.
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:09 AM   #5
Platinum Member

The inverter takes 12V DC battery power and inverts it to 120 V AC. This usually supplies power to the receptacle above the kitchen sink, the receptacles in the DVD compartment, and one receptacle by the TV. To really know what receptacles it powers, when not on shore power and with the inverter switch ON, use a lamp to plug into all your receptacles to see which ones have 120 V.

The only time you should turn on the inverter is when you do not have shore power and you want 120 V AC power at the receptacles mentioned above. The inverter uses battery power when on, even if you are not using the 120V receptacles. A good way to unknowingly run down your house battery is to leave the inverter on when boondocked.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hey Y'all- | Hello »