Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

Smile Our New-To-Us 05 Dodge Pleasure Way RV

At mid-seventy I never thought my wife and I would be buying any kind of recreational vehicle let alone one so "compact"! But we bit the bullet and purchased this gently used van just a few weeks back and are getting it ready for a road trip from CA to KY! Since records on this vehicle were limited at best, we have been bringing its maintenance up-to-date before setting off. Put on four new Yokohama tires, done all of the fluid/filter changes needed including the tranny/fiter! Replace a broken water tank drain valve as well as the connecting hose for the fresh water filling bib. Kind of reminds me of owning a boat......a hole in the water we poured money into! All $ well spent because we don't want any breakdowns while on the road. Of course being a realist, having issues while underway is expected, but just hope they are of the minimum kind. Oh yes, we got the front door windows slightly tinted to cut down on the heat and UV issues. So much cooler cab area now. We tried the twin beds but have decided to set up the "queen" bed instead. Last but not least, we adopted a kitten recently after losing our 15 year old companion kitty Tootsie. Now it will be Tessa sharing our lives with us on this journey , hoping we haven't made a mistake by bringing her along.
fxpthl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Congrats. Never too late to start class b traveling.

Pets will restict you, buy they also add to the experience. Stay safe and let us know how it goes.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote