Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

Default Purchasing a Rialta

Hello!

I live in California and have been considering the purchase of a Winnebago Rialta for well over one year.

Having previously owned a Class-A motorhome, I was not thrilled with paying now over $4 per gallon to fuel a vehicle that would only get 6 MPG on a good day and coasting downhill.

I love the styling, and particularly, the fuel economy of the Rialta, and would probably not even consider buying another RV unless it was fuel-efficient.

I am looking for cleanest, low-mileage unit that I can afford. Most of the later models that are in excellent condition sell for around $30,000. I don't mind paying top dollar because I don't have the time or the inclination to deal with a fixer-upper.

Having said that, I am now faced with the problem of financing all or part of the purchase. From what I have learned, banks and finance companies seem to shy away from financing used RVs because of the risk factor -- especially in this poor economy. And even with a credit score of around 700, I was turned down by my bank. I am looking for a secured loan, rather than a home equity loan for the purchase, which puts me at a disadvantage. I would also be willing to come in with a large amout of cash (somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 down). I am considering moving my finances to a Federal credit union because I have heard that they are more responsive to the consumer than are the megabanks.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea what I can do in order to finance a Rialta? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Phil

Addicted2it is offline   Reply With Quote