Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default rear window / interior flooring

1995 rialta

the rear window is an emergeny exit in the rialta. you pull the red tag inward and then push the window out to escape. Can the window then be put back in place ? I would love to be able to openand close it routinely for more ventilation while parked.

Also , I would like to replace the carpeting with some wood flooring. Under the carpet is a foam pad. Does this pad serve a purpose ( insulation from sound or cold/heat ?) or is it a carpet pad ? I want to put in a floating wood floor but not sure I can unless I remove this foam pad. Any comments ?

abaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

A LeSharo member replaced his rear window with a movable rear window from a station wagon. That is an idea if you want a movable window, body work to install. There is foam & rubber foam under the carpet that insulates and leveles the wavey floor. Here are photos of under the floor and several members have replaced carpet with Cork (me) and pergo.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Old 08-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Old 08-31-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Looks like you put down some plywood subfloor ( 1/4 inch ?) before the cork , right ?

and also like you put pieces of plywood between the floor 'ribs' before the subfloor ?

abaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
Platinum Member

If you look at the photos you will see that white foam was there from Winnebago and I replaced with lauan board cut to fit. In the front I used some of the white foam and lauan to fit in the ribbed floor. This was to make a level and smooth subflooring for the final layer of lauan. I then cut lauan flooring to go over the top of the whole floor before using the Cork. The lauan and foam were gluded down but the Cork is floating with the 1/4 round nailed to the side wood wall. Total cost was about $350 for materials and my labor was "free". I also extended the enterance area, as many have done as my kitchen is behind the driver seat, as the wife & I are not over 5'7" tall.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
Platinum Member

If you look at the photos you will see that white foam was there from Winnebago and I replaced with lauan board cut to fit. In the front I used some of the white foam and lauan to fit in the ribbed floor. This was to make a level and smooth subflooring for the final layer of lauan. I then cut lauan flooring to go over the top of the whole floor before using the Cork. The lauan and foam were gluded down but the Cork is floating with the 1/4 round nailed to the side wood wall. Total cost was about $350 for materials and my labor was "free". I also extended the enterance area, as many have done as my kitchen is behind the driver seat, as the wife & I are not over 5'7" tall.