Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #21
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Made the plunge today Feb 17,

Aktiv 1.0. No Ecotrek, wired for solar may add later, 67K our the door includes CA sales tax/DMV.

Any recommendations on 3rd party warranty? Heard lots of negative comments.
Congrats. It's the same floorplan I based my Transit B on. You will enjoy.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #22
Gold Member

They were above board, made husband sign documentation that there is no manufacturer warranty, at the price they would not kick in 3rd party warranty. Aktiv 1.0 was 61.5K + CA tax/DMV, friend got the Aktiv Loft/EcoTrek for 75K + Tax, it was 105K at RV show a month ago. They had a about 25 RT in stock, Simplicity for around 50K, some less. Also have Agile's. https://www.seegrinsrv.com/home/roadtrek-min/
Old 02-17-2019, 11:43 PM   #23
Bud
Platinum Member

"I know you already know, but curious if the dealer was up front about the lack of factory warranty?"

Seems that any dealer that did not disclose that there was no warranty, well maybe some court would decide they would now warrantee the B. Not that a dealer would not do it, just don't see it working out for the dealer.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
They were above board, made husband sign documentation that there is no manufacturer warranty, at the price they would not kick in 3rd party warranty. Aktiv 1.0 was 61.5K + CA tax/DMV, friend got the Aktiv Loft/EcoTrek for 75K + Tax, it was 105K at RV show a month ago. They had a about 25 RT in stock, Simplicity for around 50K, some less. Also have Agile's. https://www.seegrinsrv.com/home/roadtrek-min/
Garlic Fries territory. Glad to see See Grins keep you well. Did they charge you for any prep?
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:59 AM   #25
Gold Member

I looked at LaMesa, they did not list anything even close to what we paid, also we wanted Aktiv without EcoTrek seemed like most of the inventory they had included EcoTrek. Anyway, the deal is done, we bought the Aktiv 1.0, we will see what happens, worst case scenario we have a nice replacement for our tent hopefully the Dodge Ram will be reliable, the rest of it, we shall see. I am sure there is nothing that money can't fix...the money pit, never had to put kids through college so buying an RV without warranty sort of the same...LOL.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:25 AM   #26
Silver Member

Congrats, Glamper. That's a helluva deal. At that price, you'll have room to make mods or cover any unforeseen issues. Please report back and tell us about your adventures.
JakeyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:55 AM   #27
Gold Member

I will definitely report back. We know something will come up at some point, but a good friend also purchased an Aktiv today at same dealer, and promised to be our 'trusted advisor'. And the advice on the forums and FB groups is so helpful, the community helped us decide to make the leap. stay tuned!!!
Old 02-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
I will definitely report back. We know something will come up at some point, but a good friend also purchased an Aktiv today at same dealer, and promised to be our 'trusted advisor'. And the advice on the forums and FB groups is so helpful, the community helped us decide to make the leap. stay tuned!!!
Congrats Glamper!! Keep us all informed (here and on FB). Has the dealer offered you any warranty on it for at least the first week or two. LOL Have you picked it up yet? Did they do a decent walk through that at least all systems are working? If you don't have it yet... insist on it.

I just glanced at their website and they have AXIONs for $48K... Simplicities and SRTs for $49-52. Zions for $66.. Activ $61... just wow...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #29
Gold Member

No prep charge. Had to pay DMV fee + CA Sales Tax. Out the door including tax/fees it was ~$67,500. We are debating whether to bother with 3rd party warranty plan, have not heard good things thus far, so not sure which way to go on that, advice/opinions are welcome! We fully expect to have some post purchase tweaks to fix, but hopefully nothing major, fingers crossed!!!
Old 02-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #30
Bronze Member

Default A little high....

Quote:
Feb 16 - Looking at deeply discounted new Aktiv 1.0 without Ecotrek/solar. 65K our the door. Clearly no Hymer warranty but are warranties on all the appliances and other parts still honored by those companies? Dodge warranty still honored? Or because EHGNA purchased the Dodge and other parts does that throw monkey wrench into warranty claims, for example on the fridge, heater etc? Could we have solar added later, if yes pricey?

Are we crazy to consider this? Be honest!! we are not hands-on people, have no mechanical or electrical skills - but we do have a checkbook! No financing involved in this deal.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I would think without Ecotrek you will be fine as all systems are pretty basic, or can be handled by dealer and van warranties from mfg. That price is probably a little high considering all and prior to EHG issues you could get one for around $75-80K with 6 year warranty.... We purchased a Carado Banff prior to issues for $60K with Ecotrek (which by the way, even with small issues we love freedom to boondock with plenty of power). I would agree with offer $60K with a 2-3 aftermarket warranty from seller, or walk.
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aktiv, hymer, purchase, warranty