Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #1

Default Window

Hi, I have a 2002 xplorer 230xlw. A rock hit my window over the cab and I'm having problem finding a replacement. Any help would be great lo y appreciated.
Photos attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200227_104844.jpg (265.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20200227_104855.jpg (233.0 KB, 21 views)
Pams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Pam! Sorry to hear about your window problem.

Maybe not relatable to your problem, but I had a non-standard oval front door glass break on the front door of my house. Went to a local plastic shop that makes custom acrylic boat parts (windows, dash boards etc.).

They said if I gave them a template of the opening and a sample of glass thickness, they'd make a replacement panel out of UV stabilized acrylic. They made it ever so slightly smaller to ensure it would go in and it fit perfectly at a price that was 1/6th of what a glass place wanted.

I now have a nearly indestructable door panel, although they caution it can scratch easily so use caution went washing off grit. Perhaps a plasic replacement can be fabricated for your application.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #3

That window is tempered glass, go to a glass shop and they can have a new piece of glass tempered and can install it for you.
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
Bronze Member

The exact same thing happened to me. What a mess as it happened on a trip and the glass rained down on me while I was driving. Luckily, at the next campground, a handyman was able to clean up the glass and cover the opening with cardboard and duct tape until I got home.

I live in Colorado and Insight Auto Glass came to the house and made a template of the window opening and cut a new piece of tempered glass. The original window had a slight curve and the new glass was flat but the technician was able to caulk it and reinstall the outside gasket. That was August 2015. No leaks or problems.

Nancy
2000 Pleasure Way Excel TD
Beautiful Colorado
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
Silver Member

The windows were made by HEHR and you can likely order a new piece of glass from them.