Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 10 Reasons You Should Never Buy an RV

This was entertaining - with many truths. . .

https://alltimelists.com/10-reasons-...ver-buy-an-rv/
Old 08-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

We all vary in values an RV can deliver for us and manage spending limits set by budget and values justifications. For example, spending $10-30K for lithium bank is OK for some and not OK for others myself included. An RV will not likely be a financial investment tool so my justification is to enjoy camping with a small Van Camper with minimum financial damage.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Certainly true on several points. We like to say our class B is the best irrational purchase we ever made. We don’t regret it for a second. The experiences we have had together have been clichely priceless.. However people say: “ wow for the cost we could buy a lot of hotel stays, etc etc”. But we know we did not take a lot of vacations or weekends at hotels and now with the van (RT SS Agile) we “camp” 3 out of 4 weekends April to November and just got back from a 2 week vacation to Acadia NP. If you are into the lifestyle then those 10 points don’t matter much, but if you want to find a reason not to do it that’s a great list.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
Certainly true on several points. We like to say our class B is the best irrational purchase we ever made. We don’t regret it for a second. The experiences we have had together have been clichely priceless.. However people say: “ wow for the cost we could buy a lot of hotel stays, etc etc”. But we know we did not take a lot of vacations or weekends at hotels and now with the van (RT SS Agile) we “camp” 3 out of 4 weekends April to November and just got back from a 2 week vacation to Acadia NP. If you are into the lifestyle then those 10 points don’t matter much, but if you want to find a reason not to do it that’s a great list.
I agree with you. The experiences I've had with my Sprinter are priceless. I see that list as mostly entertainment.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #5

While there is some truth in all 10 points, in my experience, Class Bs have less of these issues.
OldKansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Like so many of the lists that abound as click-bait on the internet, it is true but predictable and shallow, written in a hurry by someone with minimal knowledge of the subject, ”researched” with a few google searches, promising more than it delivers.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:01 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Like so many of the lists that abound as click-bait on the internet, it is true but predictable and shallow, written in a hurry by someone with minimal knowledge of the subject, ”researched” with a few google searches, promising more than it delivers.
All true. . .
Old 08-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
All true. . .
Yes, and the news too.

Bud
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
This was entertaining - with many truths. . .

https://alltimelists.com/10-reasons-...ver-buy-an-rv/
Some of those gas mileage claims are pretty generous looking to me. I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot of Class Cs that get much better than the smaller Class A boxes out there, unless they're sitting on a Sprinter cab chassis. I know, I had a small Class A, and the only time it ever got more than 8mpg was when it was up to speed on the freeway, on smooth pavement, with no head or cross winds. Down hill was helpful, too.