Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #1

Default 1986 Roadtrek 190 Fresh Water plumbing design

Longtime class B owner - first time poster.

I've had my 86 Dodge Roadtrek for many years, I'm the third owner, but trying to figure out whether I have a modified or factory water system.

I have fresh water tanks under both front seats, but then when I flip up the little carpet piece I have a valve that switches from "winter" to "summer" Is this a factory set up?

The weird thing is that even with it switched to winter it looks like water will still flow into the fresh water tank under the van. That doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone have a picture of what their 80's plumbing looks like under that carpet flap behind the seats?

I'm hoping to take the van skiing this winter . . .

Thanks in advance.
etown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #2

roadtrek fresh water.jpg

I stitched this picture together to show what is there. I just removed the vinyl connector piece. Does this look familiar to any owners with older Roadtreks or is it all custom?
Old 11-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #3

Default Older Roadtrek Water System

etown,

I own a 1994 Dodge Roadtrek. I believe you have a custom water system. The '94 has no fresh water tanks under the front seats, only the single one below the floor. There is carpeting but no carpet "flap" behind the front seats. You could check if water goes into the under-floor fresh water tank by turning the valve to "winter" and filling only the tanks under the seats. I don't think Roadtreks varied in their factory water systems. However, perhaps a "winter package" was available as an option at that time. You may be able to get a users manual for your '86 online for some guidance as to whether or not it is custom. A web search may also give you guidance as to what was included in a "winter package".
versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by versatile View Post
etown,

I own a 1994 Dodge Roadtrek. I believe you have a custom water system. The '94 has no fresh water tanks under the front seats, only the single one below the floor. There is carpeting but no carpet "flap" behind the front seats. You could check if water goes into the under-floor fresh water tank by turning the valve to "winter" and filling only the tanks under the seats. I don't think Roadtreks varied in their factory water systems. However, perhaps a "winter package" was available as an option at that time. You may be able to get a users manual for your '86 online for some guidance as to whether or not it is custom. A web search may also give you guidance as to what was included in a "winter package".

Thanks Versatile. I figured it was likely customized by the original owner so they could camp in the winter. Appreciate you taking the time to respond
Old 11-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
Gold Member

My 98C200V has 1 35 gal tank on the passenger side, under the van. I don’t know what your original design was on that model, but I have read several times about some models with a 2nd tank inside for winter camping. Is there perhaps a separate fill for the inside tank, and that switch will allow the pump to draw only from the inside tank?
KaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote