Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #1

Default 1994 Pleasureway Window

Hi folks. I own a 1994 Pleasureway STW. Can any one tell me the proper name for the small (20 1/2 x 8 1/2) fixed windows above the drivers and passenger side seats. We had one broken on a trip and it was replaced by a local auto glass shop. Unfortunately a poor job was done and the window after a couple of years now leaks. I am hoping to find a full replacement window or the best alternative. The other windows were manufactured by Hehr but nothing on their web site matches the shape and size. Any help or info appreciated.
Robertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:51 AM   #2
Platinum Member

steele rubber products makes seals in all profiles

especially if your seals are 25 years old

a window seal is easy to replace, and the glass is re-seated into the seal using a piece of cord and grease- like a 10 minute job for a novice

youtube for a diy lesson or an old timey glass shop will do it for you

if my windows went, i'd replace with a piece of acrylic.
easily cut with a rotozip, dremel or jigsaw.
panels cheap at home depot, rona, home hardware etc

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Is there any particular caulking / sealer recommended?
Robertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

typically it is a 'dry fit', excepting the residual grease or dish soap from working the glass into the seal

using you rold seal, match the profile- if the "newer glass" in thinner than the original glass look for a narrower gap on the inside seal surface

i know that some use a contact cement on the seal to body, but I have not on the few windows I've done

( I had an old pickup on which the rear window would come out when the cap went on and we had a pass through ...I was thinner then, so the glass when in and out numerous times)

I've used steele for the rubber on a bunch of old cadillacs- I'm lucky in that a mom and pop fabric store near me stocks many common types of seals. for a seal like the trunk lid i used cement

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
Silver Member

Some or all of my windows are by HEHR ('98 LTV). Try searching for "conversion van windows". There is some good info at Glass Window Windows Van Conversions Conversion, RV, RVs, Shuttle Bus, Buses, Motor Homes Motorhomes Windshield Windshields Part Parts DCM Company (glass info here: Van Conversions Replacement GlassĀ* Windows for Repair Replacement), and - Pelland Enterprises. I didn't find the windows you're talking about about but a more thorough search should find them.

edit, some really good window faqs here: http://rvwindow.com/RV_Products_List...CategoryID=201
98LeisureTravelDodge is offline   Reply With Quote