Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 1997 PW Questions

Hello,

I'm new to the list and thought that I'd introduce myself and ask a few questions. I bought a 1997 PW about 3 years ago from my father-in-law who hadn't driven it in 15 years (he was 99!). Have put on many miles since then mostly in the SW where I live. It's been a great RV. No issues although I did have new tires, any mechanicals, and any RV specific issues dealt with before I drove it from WI to AZ. Unlike some who have complained about handling, I find the PW to be fine........except in very high winds. Mine is the wide-body model; perhaps that has something to do with it.

So here are a few questions:

Has anyone installed solar on a similar bodied PW or RT? I'm interested in the ability to keep the cabin battery topped off.........not to run AC, etc. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has done this especially with regard to roof mounting options and panel sizing.

My cabin battery is a size 24 although there seems to be enough room in the compartment to hold a size 27. What size do all of you have?

thanks!
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote