Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

Question 20' Class B with 4 Captains Chairs & Enclosed Wet Bath

Does anyone know of a manufacturer or custom builder that has built a 20' foot Class B that is 7' feet wide that has 4 front-facing captain's chairs and an enclosed wet-bath?

I have seen that Roadtrek used to make the 190 Versatile that has 4 captain's chairs but has an aisle shower. I have also seen that Airstream used to make the Avenue Lounge with 3 captain's chairs but it has an aisle shower as well. Pleasure-Way also has a similar coach in the Lexor MP, but that too has an aisle shower.

I have seen some Class B's with the enclosed wet-bath and 4 captain's chairs but they are larger(22' feet long) than what I am looking for.

My dream coach is a stealth looking Class is B that is 20'L X 7'W(give or take a few inches) on a GM/Chevrolet, Ford or Dodge Chassis with 4 front-facing captain's chairs that convert to beds and an enclosed wet-bath. Basically an RV that looks more like a Conversion Van than an RV.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
gbulalacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't think I've ever seen a B-van with the amenities you describe.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Have you tried configuring a Sportsmobile?
Old 04-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #4

Default 20' Class B with 4 Captain's Chairs & Enclosed Wet Bath

I've looked on the Sportsmobile website but didn't see an option for an enclosed wet-bath in a Ford or GM/Chevrolet Chassis. It looks like the option is only for the Sprinter.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #5

Here's the floor plan for the Airstream Avenue with 3 captain's chairs. It sure looks like there is room for an enclosed wet-bath and 4 captain's chairs if the hanging wardrobe & flip-table are removed.

I wonder why the floor plan I am looking for isn't available from anyone. Seems to me it would be a popular choice as the coach could then be truly used as a daily driver also. I can't imagine I'm the only one who is looking for this floor plan option.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
Bronze Member

It looks like Airstream Avenue you cite has an aisle shower?

You can custom design a sportsmobile from here
Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Design Your Own Sprinter

It's a bit tight if you want a chevy or ford regular body, but it should work with an extended body. A variety of wet bath options are available on the online custom builder.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #7

Thanx for the link Manx!

I was able to design my own Ford/Chevy Class B with the amenities I've described in this thread!

I wonder how much it will cost...

Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Apparently, here's your coach. It still has the aisle shower, but it has all four seats that you want:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...enue-117349811

Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbulalacao View Post
I wonder how much it will cost...
You can get an estimate of your design by clicking on the money icon once you are done designing what you want. It's not the exact cost, I guess? but it's a start before you talk to them.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:01 AM   #10

Thanks hepcat...but the aisle shower is a deal-breaker for me. The Airstream Avenue is a really nice coach though. I especially like the fact that it looks more like a conversion van than an RV.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:08 AM   #11

Airstream Avenue:

https://nautilusmode.com/2016/10/06/...stream-avenue/

Explorer Conversion Van:

https://di-uploads-pod3.s3.amazonaws...f-the-year.jpg

Looks pretty similar, right?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks hepcat...but the aisle shower is a deal-breaker for me. The Airstream Avenue is a really nice coach though. I especially like the fact that it looks more like a conversion van than an RV.
I guess I'm looking at this through the lens of my own experience... and a shower in a B-van is about the least useful thing they could design in, regardless of it's location... not because of the space, necessarily, but because of the limited tanks storage. I use the shower in my Super-C regularly, but the current B-van I have only has an outdoor shower setup... and I really appreciate the room I have inside as a result.

Why is a wet bath shower so important? And I also have to ask, why is looking like a van conversion so important as well? Perhaps I'd better understand what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #13
Site Team

I will give up my shower when you pry it from my cold, dead, wet hands.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
I guess I'm looking at this through the lens of my own experience... and a shower in a B-van is about the least useful thing they could design in, regardless of it's location... not because of the space, necessarily, but because of the limited tanks storage. I use the shower in my Super-C regularly, but the current B-van I have only has an outdoor shower setup... and I really appreciate the room I have inside as a result.

Why is a wet bath shower so important? And I also have to ask, why is looking like a van conversion so important as well? Perhaps I'd better understand what you're trying to accomplish.
An enclosed wet-bath shower is important for privacy reasons. I want to make sure that whoever is using the toilet or showering can do so enclosed in privacy and while allowing others to move around in the coach. An aisle shower is just way too inconvenient and in the way when being used.

Looking like a van conversion is important because I don't want to have to pay for RV storage. I live where the HOA is very strict(I hate HOAs!) and "RVs" are not allowed to be parked in your driveway. However, van conversions are OK. Hence, the reason why I really like the look of the Airstream Avenue and some model years of the Roadtrek 190. They really do look like conversion vans, not RVs.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I will give up my shower when you pry it from my cold, dead, wet hands.
Ahahaha...Agreed!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
An enclosed wet-bath shower is important for privacy reasons. I want to make sure that whoever is using the toilet or showering can do so enclosed in privacy and while allowing others to move around in the coach. An aisle shower is just way too inconvenient and in the way when being used.

Looking like a van conversion is important because I don't want to have to pay for RV storage. I live where the HOA is very strict(I hate HOAs!) and "RVs" are not allowed to be parked in your driveway. However, van conversions are OK. Hence, the reason why I really like the look of the Airstream Avenue and some model years of the Roadtrek 190. They really do look like conversion vans, not RVs.
Ahhh... ok... the van conversion-look makes sense. As for the shower... I understand your situation... and I appreciate other folks' positions as well... it all depends on how you use your van, and how you travel. To each his own!

Good luck with your search!

ON EDIT:

Have you considered a Winnebago Travato? It's 21' and while it doesn't have four captain's chairs, it does have seating for four with two on a bench-seat behind the driver.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepcat View Post

Have you considered a Winnebago Travato? It's 21' and while it doesn't have four captain's chairs, it does have seating for four with two on a bench-seat behind the driver.

I've also convinced my HOA, for the time being, that my Travato is no different than any other Promaster van for sale at the Ram dealer and I've got it parked on a pad along side my driveway. So far, so good.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #18
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
I've also convinced my HOA, for the time being, that my Travato is no different than any other Promaster van for sale at the Ram dealer and I've got it parked on a pad along side my driveway. So far, so good.
Do you have a bike rack and ladder?

Have you removed the labels and badges?
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:33 AM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
Do you have a bike rack and ladder?

Have you removed the labels and badges?
Yup, yup and nope. I'm pretty sure they know it's an RV but what they're really trying to stop is trailers and class Cs and As. Mine looks like a big red van and is really not any more objectionable than the neighbors big red F150.

They have the power to tell me to move it and I will if push comes to shove. I can park it behind a fence like they would prefer, but I don't want to pour a pad right now.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
The Winnebago Travato looks too much like an RV. Unfortunately, my HOA won't allow it. Now if Airstream or Roadtrek would put the Travato 59G floor-plan in in the Avenue or 190, that'd be a winner!