Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2000 RT200P Chevy cabinet removal ?

I have a bunch of cabinets that need to be replaced in our RT. I cannot figure out how to get the wall covering or cabinets out of the van.

Does anyone know how they are secured in the van?

Possible any photos?

I am probably blind but I do not see any screws holding any cabinet in place other that a couple that look like the might bind the cabinets together in spots.

Anyone had them out for a full remodel?

I want to go that route but Im not sure how much a full remodel would cost but I am sure big $ and lots of time lol.
Theputnams515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:07 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Hello, I'm a new owner of an older Class B and I'm just now finishing a complete redo of the cloth walls in my 2005 Pleasure Way Lexor TD, and while it is not your model, I found all my rig's wall panels and cabinets to be held by many Robinson Screws. And as well, I found inside the cabinets all to be connected together and to the rigs side ways by "L" brackets. As for finding these connection points, any good quality Class B build the builders will camouflage screw heads under wall cloth, buttons, shelving and paneling plugs. Visit my album on failing wall covering for what I've accomplished - my project was very challenging, but at the same time very rewarding . Best of luck to you on your courageous project and I look forward to seeing and reading about your accomplishments.
Santee2005PWTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theputnams515 View Post
2000 RT200P Chevy cabinet removal?

I have a bunch of cabinets that need to be replaced in our RT. I cannot figure out how to get the wall covering or cabinets out of the van.

Does anyone know how they are secured in the van?

Possible any photos?

I am probably blind but I do not see any screws holding any cabinet in place other that a couple that look like the might bind the cabinets together in spots.

Anyone had them out for a full remodel?

I want to go that route but Im not sure how much a full remodel would cost but I am sure big $ and lots of time lol.
Hi Putnams,

I don't know much about your specific model, or even if it is Chevy or Dodge based, but I can relate what I found on my RT 2010 Chevy 190P, which I stripped completely from the "B-pillars" (just behind the front doors) back, so I could insulate. The cabinets were indeed attached to each other as you mentioned, but the cabinets also sat on a fore-aft ledge (I call it the bolster) that once upon a time was the Chevy rail at the corner of the wall and the roof, before they added the fiberglass high top. Since I think that your 200P is built on a "Chevy cutaway" with a fiberglass body, you wouldn't have these Chevy rails, but maybe RT added something similar, perhaps a steel skeleton frame.

There were screws flush with the floor of the cabinets that screwed into the trim plate (fabric covered bent sheet steel; all other panels were thin plywood covered with fabric) of those bolsters, and also into a square steel cross-brace under the front of the air conditioner. Occasionally I found screws hidden behind/under piano hinges, etc.. The screws for the wall panels were hidden under the snap off button heads. Some screws were hidden under the rubber trim/seal rings around the windows. YMMV.

Good luck, Dick
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote