Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2004 Roadtrek 200 Popular Awning

I have a new to me 2004 Roadtrek 200 popular.

Please advise what brand of awning is one the RT.

There is one awning arm in the RT, is there supposed to be two?

Thanks
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I believe that the awning was an option on most RT, but probably was installed. Do you know if yours is original? This is the awning on my 2012 190P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200128_082932.jpg (316.3 KB, 17 views)
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It is probably a Fiamma, but not having a 200 not positive.

Normally, in the van you will have one support and a a crank handle. The one support is put in the awning when you deploy it. The awning itself has supports on each end which hook into the van or can be staked to the ground if you want and tied down. The center support only goes from the outside of awning to the inside frame and doesn't go to the van side or ground.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The awning is original.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

My 2014 P190 has a Carefree powered awning. The logo is stamped into the case. Nice but fussy. Interesting there are so many different awning brands used in a short period of time . Could some be dealer or owner adds rather than factory equipment?

If I ever have to replace mine, I’m a big fan of the Shady Boy awning. It’s simple, unpowered, compact, lightweight, self supporting, wind resistant, and rain shedding. No support poles to bang your head or block access to the front passenger door. Best of all, it’s about a third the cost of a powered awning.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The awning on my 2000 200 is a Fiamma. There should be, IIRC, a video on how to deploy it on their website. Or somewhere on U tube.

I did have to spray some silicone here and there to get things moving, particularly the swivels for the support legs. Replacement parts seem a bit spendy but at least they are domestically available.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #7
Platinum Member

This has me asking the question, do you plan to use an awning? We've never deployed ours in over two years. Of course, we "travel" in our b don't camp in any place more than a day or two. Plus, we travel off season in mild weather.

Still, I hope you find out the proper awning model and, most importantly, find one at a reasonable price. I'm sure you have other issues you're simultaneously addressing.

EDIT: What is meant by "one awning arm"? Is the awning installed but missing a part? Or are you referring to the single manual awning tool?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
This has me asking the question, do you plan to use an awning? We've never deployed ours in over two years. Of course, we "travel" in our b don't camp in any place more than a day or two. Plus, we travel off season in mild weather.

Still, I hope you find out the proper awning model and, most importantly, find one at a reasonable price. I'm sure you have other issues you're simultaneously addressing.

We did not use our awning for the first 5+ years until we were in Zion Nat Park in fringe time but got unseasonably hot (100*F) for multiple days in a row. No shore power. We would hike early and then spend the afternoon under the awning, people watching, cool beverage, cook something on the grille or a cool salad. That time was also when we found out just how nice it is to have a compressor frig, which faced the sunny side but still stayed right at 38*F on lowest compressor speed.

Since getting used to it better and seeing the plus side, we use it a lot more, even in conditions we didn't earlier, as it makes the whole thing more pleasant. You can be in mild temps, but sitting in the sun can still be less pleasant than the shade, so less the 5 minutes to put out the awning is well worth it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Thanks all for the information, I put my big boy britches on and turned the handle for the awning and it started to come out, on like SteveJ stated a sprayed lube hear and and there and it opened up, all the parts are in fact there and fabric looks good.
One one of the rods was:

Fiamma F451i

So all his well in awning land.

Johnnie
Old 02-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #10

almost for sure a fiamma, they are headquartered in Orlando, they were great to deal with when i need drawings and parts.
https://www.fiammausa.com/
csewall is offline   Reply With Quote