Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 2006 Roadtrek 170 Popular bed question

I have bought a 2006 Roadtrek 170 Popular recently and I was told the passenger seat and the seat behind it can be used to make a second bed. But I couldn't figure out how to do that. I will attach some pics to show where I got so far. If you have any experience on this, please do let me know. Thanks a lot!

Tom
tomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Maybe this will help: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...ular-6621.html

Or maybe this: https://pleasureway.com/store/ Air mattress shownhttp://www.classbforum.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=71728 at top left of page.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #3

If it's like our 1995 Popular 190, you rotate the passenger side captain's chair 180 degrees, move it as far forward as possible, lower its back to as near level as possible, remove from the wall behind it (the front wall of the bathroom) the seatback from the third seat (it's held on with Velcro, as I recall), and fill in the space as well as you can with that seatback. It's not a very large or especially comfortable bed, but should work for a child or small adult.
Austinrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Platinum Member

We had a 190 as well. The seat back was held on with metal hooks, not velcro. The first few times were slow, but after a while, my daughter could set up the bed in under a minute easy. As far as comfort, the kids seemed to think it beat sleeping out in the cold in a tent!
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #5

Michaelingp is correct. The third seat back is mounted via washers on its rear that fit into a vertical metal channel. You lift the seat back upward a few inches to release it. I had to bump it upward fairly vigorously with my fist to get it to come loose. It forms the end of the bed closest to the bathroom. The middle section of the bed is the seat bottom of the third seat, which can be lifted away from its usual location and moved forward until it makes contact with the rotated front seat bottom. I hope the attached pictures help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full bed.jpg (260.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Rear of bed.jpg (272.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Beneath bed.jpg (121.5 KB, 5 views)
Austinrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Thank you all for the helpful information. I did it. Needs to adjust the plan a little bit to fit my 2006 roadtrek 170 popular

All the best,

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (4).jpg (109.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (3).jpg (102.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (145.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (12).jpg (90.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (1).jpg (118.2 KB, 3 views)
tomx is offline   Reply With Quote