Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 2007 190 P back bench removal issue

Have any Roadtrek owners removed the top portion of the driver side real bench? I Have it loose on 3 sides, combination of screws and brads. It is the side against the wall that is the issue. Part is loose, but looks like wood mount pulled away from the wall rather that being to lift the seat up by working the brads loose. Don't want to do any major damage that I will be sorry for. Putting in Lithium batteries and Inverter charger is going in the rear storage space.

Thanks
Treker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Getting closer, the bench top is not fastened with brads along the outside wall. They are screws. Was able to lift up the bench enough to see them, now just have to figure out how to get something in there to cut them.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:51 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Finally got it off, without too much damage. Found out that there are 2 snaps that have a cover over them. Remove the cover then unscrew the snap. These screws go into a roughly 3/4" sq piece of wood attached to the back of the bench top. this holds the material that covers the walls in place. Have to find an easier way to remove so if i ever have to get in there again to work on Inverter/charger it will not be so difficult.