Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #1

Default 2007 Roadtrek 210 Drivers Seat

I need to replace the drivers side bottom portion of the seat cushion cover. It has torn from sliding in and out over the years.

Here's my problem: My 2007 210 Popular is on the Chevy 3500 Express chassis. It has those seats with "Roadtrek" Embroidered on the back rest part. That embroidery implied to me that the seat coverings were custom. However, after a dealer called Roadtrek on my behalf, they said that they were not custom upholstery, just that they remove them and stitch on the "Roadtrek" for a custom look.

O.K., so pretty simple, right? Buy a GM replacement seat cover. EXCEPT...... every one I look at, and everyone I talk to, has the same one for sale. And it does not match. It has a different seam pattern to it. Like with pleats. My seat cover is smooth. I have provided them with the VIN and they say that the seat cover they supply, is the one listed for my vehicle. Except, its not.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Was the representative at Roadtrek incorrect in saying that they are just factory Chevy seats, and in fact Roadtrek had them custom upholstered?

I need a cover, and want them to match. I realize I can probably have one custom made to match, but now its just the point. I want to know whether they are GM factory, or if Roadtrek had them custom made.
Jeff
a1parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:39 AM   #2
Platinum Member

think about having your seats recovered locally.

there are all kinds of Mom and Pop shops in my town and probably yours too.

you can think about fabrics, stitches, pleats patterns, re-foaming, adding heaters etc.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:21 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1parrothead View Post

I need a cover, and want them to match.
What mkguitar said AND forget about trying to match the existing one.

Once you do get a new one - even if it matches color, texture, etc - it will be brand new and still not match the old one. So just replace both at the same time - either just the seat base or the base and back. After all those years your '07 RT - and you - deserve nice new covers. A few more $, but I think you will be happier with the result.