Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2021, 03:04 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 2007 Sprinter dome light fixture removal

Hi All,
I'm attempting to remove the complete fixture that is attached to the bump on the ceiling. I'd like to drill-out a hole in the fixture for a toggle switch that controls my aux lights. For the life of me, I cannot figure this out! I've removed the translucent lens and light, so now I have an access hole. But, I'm stuck. This is a 2007 model year, which happens to be a Freightliner. Please, help!
Thanks
-David
david@davidfischer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The dome light is just spring loaded into the fibre head liner. Put a small screw driver under it and it should just pop out. I had mine out to put a toggle switch beside it for my backup camera when I owned the Sprinter.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:13 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks@yvr View Post
The dome light is just spring loaded into the fibre head liner. Put a small screw driver under it and it should just pop out. I had mine out to put a toggle switch beside it for my backup camera when I owned the Sprinter.

The spring clips (2) are on the right (passenger) side of the dome light module and can be seen by pulling down on the module slightly. Then insert a flat blade screwdriver to push each clip inward. The module will then swing down on the passenger side, with the driver side acting like a hinge. This is the way it is designed on my 2014 MB Sprinter and I assume the the 2007 is the same or similar.
DaveWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dome light fixture