Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2018, 02:58 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 2015 190P newbie has questions...

I've had my 2015 190P for a few days now, and this is the first night i'm on the road using it. . I'm hooked up to a 30 amp service and water. Pressure regulator is on.

I'm at a state park near Austin Texas and have some questions.

1. Even when the air conditioner is off, i feel a vibration in the RV.. possibly electrical.. can't tell.. I've switched the water pump and inverter off, and tried turning the propane off, but hum still remains. I've also turned the ac off, but no change..

2. The dometic fridge is on auto, and i think it was on AC earlier in the day, but is now on auto and gas. If i press the dc ac button, it switches off auto and onto dc, but not onto ac. If i push the dc button gain, it goes back to auto and gas. I tried turning off the propane, but when it's on auto, the check light comes on. I turned the 110V fridge breaker on and off. I've left it on no auto and gas for now.

3. If i'm plugged into shore power, does it charge both the house and coach ?

4. The kenwood radio/nav/sirius will stay on if i remove the key, but only for 5 minutes or so.. then it shuts off. i need to keep the key in and switch to the first position to keep the radio on. The dash lights are also on then but i can turn off the headlights by moving the headlight switch to off. Anyway to keep just the radio on w/o leaving the key in ?? I'm trying to listen to siriusxm.
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:01 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Questions 1 & 3 have been answered by Robert Ambrose..
#1:The vibration is something everyone asks about.. it from the fan on the inverter/converter..
#3: yes, both batteries are charged from shore power.
fridge and radio issues are still open for suggestions..
Old 09-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

#2. Assuming your refrigerator controls work like ours, we leave it in Auto mode all the time. The only buttons we push are the On/Off and DC.

Press the On button to start cooling. Press the DC button if it is on DC to go to Auto. In Auto it will run on 120V if available, otherwise it runs on gas.

If you turn off Auto, the only two options to run the refrigerator are gas or DC.

#4. It sounds like you will have to find a power source for the radio that is not through the ignition switch. the downside to this is you might leave the radio on and run the battery down.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:32 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Is there a dashboard light dimmer?
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit View Post
Is there a dashboard light dimmer?
I just found the dashboard light dimmer while starting the drive home from texas to florida tonight...

But the dimmer doesn't affect the kenwood radio which is glaringly bright at night..

Couldn't read the manual while driving... i'll figure that out down the road...
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
But the dimmer doesn't affect the kenwood radio which is glaringly bright at night..
That would be an installation issue. Whomever installed the unit did not connect the dimmer wire. An easy fix at a stereo shop and it's possible to DIY if you can get a copy of the manual.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote