Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #1

Default 2015 Airstream Interstate

Has there been problems associated with the RV batteries becoming dislodged and coming out of the angle iron? Went out the other day and when we arrived at our destination, I could smell a sulfur odor, walked around the back and found the Angle iron hanging and one of my agm batteries that was dragging behind held on by the positive cable. Needless to say the bottom of the battery is worn down from road rash and it is junk now. Anyone else have this problem?
Roloplus2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloplus2001 View Post
Has there been problems associated with the RV batteries becoming dislodged and coming out of the angle iron? Went out the other day and when we arrived at our destination, I could smell a sulfur odor, walked around the back and found the Angle iron hanging and one of my agm batteries that was dragging behind held on by the positive cable. Needless to say the bottom of the battery is worn down from road rash and it is junk now. Anyone else have this problem?
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, other Interstate owners have had battery supports let go and drop. On the airforum.com (primarily Airstream owners) I recall at least two with this problem. However, I just had a very frustrating time searching there and coming up with zero. Not the first time.

But I know there were a few posts where owners descibed their batteries exactly as you have - dragging on the road hanging by their cables. Therefore, I suggest you contact Airstream as they may have an extended warranty due to this defect. Wish I could help more.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloplus2001 View Post
Has there been problems associated with the RV batteries becoming dislodged and coming out of the angle iron? ...
Oh hell yes. As noted above by Rowie, if your van is an Airstream Interstate, the better place to ask design-specific questions is Sprinter and B Van Forum. (The better place to ask upfit questions is perhaps here on Class B Forum, with its larger diversity of upfit DIYers.)

Who can forget that memorable thread titled House Battery Detaches on Highway Today?

Has Airstream not issued a recall for that mess? Hmmm.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Oh hell yes. As noted above by Rowie, if your van is an Airstream Interstate, the better place to ask design-specific questions is Sprinter and B Van Forum.
Interblog to the rescue. I don't know how I missed it in my search for "Battery" in Sprinter and B Van forum.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote