Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

Default 2017 Winnebago Era

We have a 2017 Winnebago Era 70A on order. Excited and a little nervous since we weren't able to see the 2017 in person and there have been a lot of changes since the 2016.

I was able to get some kind soul at Winnebago to send me 6 pictures of the interior of the 2017 Era 70A. Their website has many pictures of the interior of the 2017 70X but none of the 70A & 70C. I've been watching dealer websites and don't see where anyone has one on their lot yet. It looks like we will be one of the first to own the 2017 model.
classbdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #2

We're very much interested in the new Era 70A as well and frustrated over the lack of 70A photos... which is to say: please do share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classbdreaming View Post
We have a 2017 Winnebago Era 70A on order. Excited and a little nervous since we weren't able to see the 2017 in person and there have been a lot of changes since the 2016.

I was able to get some kind soul at Winnebago to send me 6 pictures of the interior of the 2017 Era 70A. Their website has many pictures of the interior of the 2017 70X but none of the 70A & 70C. I've been watching dealer websites and don't see where anyone has one on their lot yet. It looks like we will be one of the first to own the 2017 model.
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #3

I'm a little worried about getting someone in trouble for sending them to me if I post them. The layout is the same as it was only with the same new finishes as you see in the new 70X pictures. One difference is the beds in back are more like the ones in the Travato now.

I can try and post the picture of the beds. I'm not seeing a way to do that directly from my computer. When I click on insert image I get a pop up with a space to insert a URL for my image. Do I need to put the picture online somewhere first before posting them on here? If so where is the best site to store them to.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
Platinum Member

You don't have to upload the picture somewhere else, you can upload it here. See this post for instructions.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #5

Never mind I figured it out. Here is a picture of the new beds. Don't know why it's coming out sideways. It is not that way on my computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0211.jpg (160.1 KB, 165 views)
Old 03-19-2016, 03:38 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Whatever software you are using to view the image on your computer is turning them right side up automatically. That's why it appears sideways because that's how it was taken.

But thank you for the pic, sideways is better than not at all.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #7

Thanks for posting the photo and the bed looks sharp: do you know if those have the same Froli sleep system found on the Travato?

Quote:
I'm a little worried about getting someone in trouble for sending them to me if I post them. The layout is the same as it was only with the same new finishes as you see in the new 70X pictures. One difference is the beds in back are more like the ones in the Travato now.
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
Thanks for posting the photo and the bed looks sharp: do you know if those have the same Froli sleep system found on the Travato?
Yes, according to the build sheet we got under Bedroom it says:

c) Standard Deluxe Sleeping System (Froli Brand).
i) Separate adjustable headrests for either twin bed.
ii) Froli brand sleeping system below either twin bed.
(1) Improves sleeping comfort.
(2) Allows air to circulate under the mattress, reducing condensation.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:14 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Congrats on your new unit!
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes, according to the build sheet we got under Bedroom it says:

c) Standard Deluxe Sleeping System (Froli Brand).
i) Separate adjustable headrests for either twin bed.
ii) Froli brand sleeping system below either twin bed.
(1) Improves sleeping comfort.
(2) Allows air to circulate under the mattress, reducing condensation.
Nice! Sounds like a good sleeping system.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #11

Based on my recent purchase of a new 2015 170a, my only recommendation would be to purchase, as soon as possible, 2 bunk-sized 2" mattress toppers. Makes a huge difference. Also, some kind of Cool-Max pillows. Available at Camping World website. Installed Winnegard satellite antenna and 2 Direct TV receivers. Looking at rear air suspension kit. Prepare to spend money customizing to your needs. Enjoy!
eeltinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltinge View Post
Based on my recent purchase of a new 2015 170a, my only recommendation would be to purchase, as soon as possible, 2 bunk-sized 2" mattress toppers. Makes a huge difference. Also, some kind of Cool-Max pillows. Available at Camping World website. Installed Winnegard satellite antenna and 2 Direct TV receivers. Looking at rear air suspension kit. Prepare to spend money customizing to your needs. Enjoy!
We plan to try it out a couple of times here close to home before deciding what goodies we want to add on. Thanks for some great ideas to ponder!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #13

It appears that our unit went into production yesterday and should be done in 3-4 weeks. Getting excited!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #14

Colonial RV in New Jersey recently sold a 2016 ERA 170A 4x4 that definitely appears to have the new 2017 interior complete with multiplex wiring and the truma heating system, very cool. Check it out under the "sold" section for Winnebago Touring coaches.
born2trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #15

Wow! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, born2trek! I wonder why they sold that one as a 2016? You would think they would have all of the ones with the new interior as 2017's.

Definitely a lot more pictures than the 6 I was emailed and some shots of things I hadn't seen yet, like the inside of the new bathroom and the new curtain on the rear to hide the storage area under the beds.

I can't wait to get mine. We ordered back at the end of February and were allowed to change an order our dealer had already submitted to customize it to what we wanted. It went into production the end of March and we were given an estimated time frame for completion of mid to late April. However, we were told by our dealer this week that the new estimated time for completion in early May. Very disappointing but the main thing is to make sure we have a unit that is of high quality standards so we will just have to wait.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #16

I'll be giving it a close look as soon as I can sell my larger class C. It bothers me that you don't get a convection microwave with the "A". You'll get a convection model in the "C" and the "X". That's really the only knock I have on this model. I think it has the best layout of any B I've seen.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #17

Our unit is expected to come out of production tomorrow and then it should go through quality checks. We should have it in a couple of weeks.

We ordered it in brilliant silver with the graphics delete, Paragon interior, infotainment system, collision avoidance system, extra battery and solar panel.

Can't wait!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #18

Love to see a few pics when you get a chance!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #19
Gold Member

Is there a list, anywhere, of the changes made between 2016 and 2017 for the Era 70A? We got a good price quote (I think.... 89K) on brand new '16 70A with most options, but we need to know what is missing that is in the '17. Thanks.
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:42 PM   #20

Not that I'm aware of, but I can tell you Winnebago actually seems to make most of their changes in the middle of the model year. So (at least for their smaller rv's) you won't see many changes when they roll over from 2016 to 2017. you will see more changes in the late model year 2017's as compared to 2016.