Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2019, 02:51 AM   #1

Default 2018 Carado Banff macerating toilet

Hello all,

I have 11,000 mi on my Carado Banff and am having a problem with my macerating toilet. I have a red button on the drivers side door jamb that you push to run the macerating toilet. I used it a few times and now it does nothing. No noise , no nothing. I checked all the fuses. One other thing that is happening is when pushing the lever on the toilet nothing is happening. No water flushing. Is it because the black tank is full? I hook the 3" hose to black tank outlet, pull the lever and nothing comes out. I thought the Banff was a 12 volt macerating toilet with a gravity dump. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks
Reiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Gold Member

Symptoms of no drain black tank equals poop pile in tank blocking drain. Try Geo Method, water flush up the black tank drain, etc. you’ll need to use a multimeter to see why your toilet does not operate. Yes it is possible that a safety has engaged.
mikeehlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #3

Default Inverter On?

Do you have your inverter on? This is required.
365vacay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The symptoms sound like neither the macerator nor the water pump are working. Do you have electricity for lights and water pressure in the faucets? On my roadtrek the macerator works off he coach batteries so the inverter does not need to be on, but the Hymer Carado's may be different. It may also be that your batteries are dead and the inverter works off the batteries too.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #5

I have a 2019 Banff. The inverter must be on.
365vacay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:28 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Why would an inverter have to be own if the macerater is a 12V system?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
Platinum Member

It sounds like someone overthought the toilet on this RV .
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:22 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365vacay View Post
I have a 2019 Banff. The inverter must be on.
Another great feature from EGHNA engineering?
Old 10-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default Agree with you 💯 percent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Why would an inverter have to be own if the macerater is a 12V system?
We also have a macerator pump and we don't need to have the inverter turned on..... pump is a 12 volt.....

So, maybe it's an electrical fault or faulty pump?
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:53 AM   #10

Default 2018 Carado Banff toilet

Hello,
I am currently having the 3rd macerating toilet (assuming we can find it) installed. I have 12,000 miles on my van. The original toilet had a valve leaking behind the shroud, which required a new toilet. The second toilet had an issue with the foot pedal, which required a new toilet.

Another issued I noticed on the first toilet was the side bowl water squirters did not work when you press the pedal. After the second toilet was installed, the squirters worked. I believe it was a pressure issue since the water feeder valve leaked.

On the second toilet, I was still able to flush the toilet for a couple months, but it was very delayed. At some point pressing the pedal did nothing.

On the note of the toilet not flushing. Typically, it is due to the face the black water is full and reached the sensor. One way to get 1-2 more flushes is parking on a downhill slant and tricking the sensor. Be careful to not overfill the black water. The toilet is 12v and does not need an inverter. I wish the "red button" was located near the discharge for the black water. Also, it would have been nice to be able to open the valve for the discharge and allow it to free-flow without having to press the red button.

Overall, the van has been great.
Banfforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #11

Default macerating toilet

Thanks for your response. If I ever have to replace this toilet I think I would try to get a composting toilet. I've read a bit about them. The reason my toilet was not working was the electrical connection under toilet was wired too short. The wires were just barley touching each other. Re-wire took care of the problem. I've had other issues with this motor home just like many others. EGHNA the makers of the coach installed another alternator up under engine on passenger side of vehicle. It was so close to the ground that I kept hitting it on things and tearing the wire harness off it. My mechanic friend found a company that makes a steel shield for the bottom of the engine. It cost over $700 plus install. I also had to put a trailer hitch on back that was rated for a Dodge Pro Master chassis . The one EGHNA put on was crap and I almost busted it off carrying 2 bikes on a trip! That was another $1000 with install. Now my macerating toilet is acting up. It constantly tries to flush. I was afraid I was going to burn up the pump underneath so took off trim under toilet and unplugged macerator. I'm on a trip right now so I can use my electrical and not burn up my pump, but have no toilet. I got screwed by EGHNA and the place I bought the motor home in Milwaukee.

OTE=Banfforlife;113932]Hello,
I am currently having the 3rd macerating toilet (assuming we can find it) installed. I have 12,000 miles on my van. The original toilet had a valve leaking behind the shroud, which required a new toilet. The second toilet had an issue with the foot pedal, which required a new toilet.

Another issued I noticed on the first toilet was the side bowl water squirters did not work when you press the pedal. After the second toilet was installed, the squirters worked. I believe it was a pressure issue since the water feeder valve leaked.

On the second toilet, I was still able to flush the toilet for a couple months, but it was very delayed. At some point pressing the pedal did nothing.

On the note of the toilet not flushing. Typically, it is due to the face the black water is full and reached the sensor. One way to get 1-2 more flushes is parking on a downhill slant and tricking the sensor. Be careful to not overfill the black water. The toilet is 12v and does not need an inverter. I wish the "red button" was located near the discharge for the black water. Also, it would have been nice to be able to open the valve for the discharge and allow it to free-flow without having to press the red button.

Overall, the van has been great.[/QUOTE]
Reiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:06 AM   #12
Silver Member

I have a 2019 Banff. Inverter does not need to be on. Battery disconnect switch does need to be on. The red button issue may be a loose wire connection. My panel moves a little, probably due to it's proximity to the open & closing of the drivers door. The panel is easy enough to get off & check, just 1 or 2 philips head screws.
Macodiva is offline   Reply With Quote