Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Question 2019 Roadtrek Simplicity

I am looking at this Simplicity and no one seems to know why there is red tape on the side of the fresh water tank. Any owners out there? Thanks
peezhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peezhu View Post
I am looking at this Simplicity and no one seems to know why there is red tape on the side of the fresh water tank. Any owners out there? Thanks
Welcome to the forum peezhu!

You'll probably need to post a picture to get your answer.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
could it be a fill line
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:13 AM   #4

Default Photo

I hope this helps
peezhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:19 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I hope this helps

It looks like it is to protect the tank sensors from the elements.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Definitely electrical going there. This leaves the greatest possibility is a heating pad that was detaching (not likely due to small size and location) or (much more likely) tank-level sensors as booster mentions.

In either case, they did a nasty job. But since it is underneath and out of sight, if the tank sensors are working, I'd just monitor to make sure the tape stays securely attached.

Let us know if the purchase works out.

ps. - If the unit is "new", I believe it will come with no factory warranty since Westfalia is not supporting Roadtrek units sold after receivership. At least that is what I recall. It may be a different case with appliances that might still have their own manufacturer's warranty. As far as the chassis, it should have remaining Promaster warranty, but it could have been sitting for most of the past two years. Not a good thing, but perhaps not a deal killer if you get a great price.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The manufacturer loved this tape and it is pretty much standard under most of the later rigs. It's not to fix a mistake or repair something broken that anyone has reported - seems to be holding up wiring and such. Over on the Zion/Simplicity Facebook page is the place to find out exactly why it might be on there. To be honest, I never looked underneath to see if mine has it.

As to warranty, I believe that Rapido/Roadtrek Inc only put their limited 2 year warranty on rigs sold before a particular date. They assumed that those sold after had the lack of warranty reflected in lower prices. My warranty ends this July and they have only had to pay one claim to replace my underhood generator. (which was installed with the wrong controller) You would need to touch base with their warranty department and give them the vin to confirm any coverage. But, of course, the factory is still closed due to the virus.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
The manufacturer loved this tape and it is pretty much standard under most of the later rigs. It's not to fix a mistake or repair something broken that anyone has reported - seems to be holding up wiring and such. Over on the Zion/Simplicity Facebook page is the place to find out exactly why it might be on there. To be honest, I never looked underneath to see if mine has it.

As to warranty, I believe that Rapido/Roadtrek Inc only put their limited 2 year warranty on rigs sold before a particular date. They assumed that those sold after had the lack of warranty reflected in lower prices. My warranty ends this July and they have only had to pay one claim to replace my underhood generator. (which was installed with the wrong controller) You would need to touch base with their warranty department and give them the vin to confirm any coverage. But, of course, the factory is still closed due to the virus.

You are correct on the 2 years but there is also a limit of (I think) $1,500 over that time.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #9
Platinum Member

That is why I called it a "limited 2 year warranty" and actually it was written as $1500 Canadian dollars. Although I have heard of a couple people who got US$1500.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 05-17-2020, 10:26 PM   #10

The red tape just holds down the wires for the tank water level sensors. Completely normal.
markoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:48 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
I am looking at this Simplicity
I responded to your PM, but it doesn't show up in my sent box... did you get it?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme