Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 11:34 PM   #1

Default 2019 Roadtrek Zion SRT TV antenna

Does anyone know what brand TV antenna came with the 2019 Zion SRT build? I looked on the make/model spec sheet and it only says TV Antenna. Google search only came up with the typical "this Zion SRT is for sale" algorithm. I searched the posts here, but didn't find anything.

The reason is I'm on the road for 1.5 months and my TV died the day I left. This wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that it's also the external monitor for my day job's laptop.

I was looking at monitors I could mount on my TV wall mount instead of TVs since I use it more for computing than TV, yet, I'd like to still have the occasional option of watching TV. Well, since monitors don't come with a Coax connection I found a Coax/HDMI Transmitter/Receiver/Converter. It takes HD signal (480p/720p/1080p) from the coax and converts it to HDMI. The kicker is it will only work with HD signal. I need to know if the TV antenna is an HD antenna.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
Platinum Member

It is safe to say that any useful antenna sold or installed in 2018 receives digital signals as this has been the standard for about 10 years. And even older antennas do because it is a function of what is broadcast and most over the air TV changed over in 2009.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
Platinum Member

You'd need a TV receiver to view and/or change OTA broadcast channels or basic cable channels in an RV park. The antenna is not a TV receiver, it's an antenna. A typical TV has the receiver built in but there are also separate receivers that can be paired with a monitor.

Another option is a USB TV receiver that is used with a computer/laptop. You can then watch TV on the laptop or on a larger monitor via HDMI. You might not want to install stuff on on a company laptop though (if that's what it is).

I've had all three but the easiest and most convenient to setup and use is a typical TV.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, roadtrek zion srt