Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #1

Default 20lb propane tank hookup to van Fridge and Stove?

Good Afternoon!

I have a Dodge 1988 B250 van that has a propane fridge and stove. I'm removing the old rear built-in propane tank due to deterioration and also to make room for a trailer hitch.

I'd like to occasionally use the propane fridge and stove for a night or two by connecting an external outside 20lb propane tank to the remaining system.

What would be the best method to do this? I was thinking of running new flex hoses to the fridge and stove, and connecting them to a regulated 20lb tank outside of the van as needed?

I'd like to get some reliable, safe equipment to make this setup. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Ricovan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricovan22 View Post
Good Afternoon!

I have a Dodge 1988 B250 van that has a propane fridge and stove. I'm removing the old rear built-in propane tank due to deterioration and also to make room for a trailer hitch.

I'd like to occasionally use the propane fridge and stove for a night or two by connecting an external outside 20lb propane tank to the remaining system.

What would be the best method to do this? I was thinking of running new flex hoses to the fridge and stove, and connecting them to a regulated 20lb tank outside of the van as needed?

I'd like to get some reliable, safe equipment to make this setup. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

I believe someone posted a related question not too long ago, only it was related to connecting an outside grill. I suppose some of that discussion would be helpful, but I cannot remember what to search for to find that thread.

Maybe someone who posted there will remember what advice was given.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote