Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
We recently looked at a brand new E-Trek.... they offered to sell it fully loaded at an RV show for $143,000....not ready to do something this expensive.....

They told me that the E-TREK is basically an RS Adventurous with the electrics....no propane, no generator.....

I purchased my RS Adventurous last year in May 2017 ....had to replace the AGM batteries.... that was almost $800 alone.....

Do you have the lituhim batteries.....? Those are very expensive??

Recliner??

The only reason for four seats is taking people for day trips....
I bought my 2014 Etrek the end of December 2017. In less than 6 months I have had to get all new batteries and new tires. (the timing went out... that is what wore out the last two tires. I bought 4 new ones on the front side of first trip. I didn't want any unexpected stuff to deal with. Needless to say the first 6 months was big expense. So far everything else is working. Took back Camping World... The batteries or something had a burned smell.
Now I am on a mission to find a clear L shape for the dumping hose. I camp alone with a 7 pound POM. Can't hear a sound difference too noisy, when pumping. I need to see while pushing the lil red button. Terri
kyrain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Default Oh my ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrain5 View Post
I bought my 2014 Etrek the end of December 2017. In less than 6 months I have had to get all new batteries and new tires. (the timing went out... that is what wore out the last two tires. I bought 4 new ones on the front side of first trip. I didn't want any unexpected stuff to deal with. Needless to say the first 6 months was big expense. So far everything else is working. Took back Camping World... The batteries or something had a burned smell.
Now I am on a mission to find a clear L shape for the dumping hose. I camp alone with a 7 pound POM. Can't hear a sound difference too noisy, when pumping. I need to see while pushing the lil red button. Terri
Terri,

I've heard that batteries typically last four to five years.. sounds like yours went in about 4 years.... what I've discovered is that Roadtrek normally builds on the previous years Sprinter...so your Sprinter is probably a 2013 model while my 2012 is on a 2011 Sprinter....

They probably put the batteries in around late 2013...so, the five years mark is close to correct... you just don't know exactly.... Roadtrek could tell you the exact build date...
I had an occasion to look into this and found out that my 2012 RS Adventurous was built on 7-29-2011....and sold as a 2012..in August 2012.....

Tell me about the "timing issue".....you mentioned something about it causing a problem with the tires???? How's that?

On the sewer hose....my sewer hose cracked shortly after I got the rig...had that replaced....now I'm getting a new macerator next week... tanks are not dumping even though we can hear the pump running......

Yes.... new tires, batteries and shocks on my rig....
Tires with tire pressure monitoring system...$2,000... batteries, including the starting battery, $1,600...and new shocks anti-sway and track bar....$3,200.....

Doesn't even begin to count towards all the upgrades I made... solar panels system, back up sensors and new camera, sound and navigation system upgrade...

By the way... the propane sensor is a 6 or 7 years cycle....it will expire....

All of this is very EXPENSIVE....I understand....

The $143,000 price on the brand new E-TREK was a good deal.... list was $166,000...

Still, my RS Adventurous is pretty nice and could not see upgrading after all the stuff I already did for another $65,000..or more.....on top of what I already invested....

Just too much.....

What did you pay for the E-TREK in December 2017... used ones like yours are very hard to find...how many miles???

I paid $79,000 plus tax.. out the door $87,500..... before any upgrades...

Hope you got a good deal as well....

---MARK
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Default Pw mpl

The Pleasure Way "MPL" model made in the mid-1990s has four large comfortable seats in front, plus two seats (with legal seatbelts) as part of the rear bench. The front four seats can also turn into two additional beds.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PW 1994-1997 Owners Manual.pdf (5.04 MB, 6 views)
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Default Yes, I understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic7320 View Post
The Pleasure Way "MPL" model made in the mid-1990s has four large comfortable seats in front, plus two seats (with legal seatbelts) as part of the rear bench. The front four seats can also turn into two additional beds.
Depends on how you use it.... again... four seats....we have them .. extra seats are in the garage.... there's usually just two of us.... have the cabinets for storage on longer trips.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #25

Default Hymer Aktiv

The Hymer Aktiv has seating for four- though the back seat with seating and seatbelts for two- is a bit tight for long drives.
michael budig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Default Pw mpl

I agree four seats are not always needed, but when you DO need them... they are a great option. They were very useful when I took five people to the Symbiosis Oregon Eclipse festival.

So the trick is, how to retain this seating flexibility and still also have decent storage. I'm thinking that I'll put the seat down flat behind the driver's seat and build a removable desk or shelf rack system on top of the seat for storage. I've also put up a cargo net between the roof windows and the kitchen cabinet to use that area for lightweight things and bulky jackets, and that can still be used when it converts back to a seat.

In Class Bs, I've found storage is at such a premium, soft luggage and moving things around is often necessary.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #27

BBQ didn't say anything about camping, just traveling.

Besides the models already mentioned, there are several with a forward facing bench seat with seat belts including the shoulder harness for two behind the driver's seat.
Hymer Aktiv on Promaster 2500
Winnebago Travado 59G and 59GL on Promaster 3500
Winnebago Revel 44E on the short Sprinter
Safari Condo Savana L20' LSX on a GMC 3500

Coachman Galleria 240 on the Sprinter 3500 EXT has true bucket seats for 4.
Sotovoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:16 PM   #28

I just listed our 2003 Roadtrek on Craigslist. It has the four seats as shown in these diagrams, but only the front seats swivel.
MountBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #29

I just listed our 2003 Roadtrek on Craigslist. It has the four seats as shown in these diagrams, but only the front seats swivel. Asking under 30K for it, with only 116K miles.
https://springfield.craigslist.org/rvs/6681421049.html
MountBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #30
Bronze Member

My 2008 RS has four seats up front and three in back all with seat belts
Gary
2008 RS
Gary Mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #31
Bronze Member

Default Travato (&Trend)

The Winnebago Travato G has 4 seats up front, in a similar arrangement to the Hymer Aktiv. Compared to the Aktiv, I like the G's bathroom more, and the bed less.

The Travato's big brother, the B+ Trend 23L has a bit more room in every direction and has 6 seats up front (and sleeps up to 6, as well).
2002 Keystone Cougar 28BH
davedutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:03 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
Also consider the Avion Azur. 4 up front, and another 2 or 3 in the rear. Direct to consumer, no dealers.
I believe that for that particular floor plan, Avion recommends removal of any sharp or pointed instruments from the coach.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:49 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Default Six people....one bathroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedutah View Post
The Winnebago Travato G has 4 seats up front, in a similar arrangement to the Hymer Aktiv. Compared to the Aktiv, I like the G's bathroom more, and the bed less.

The Travato's big brother, the B+ Trend 23L has a bit more room in every direction and has 6 seats up front (and sleeps up to 6, as well).
Challenging..... I'm sorry..Class B's are small enough even though the Trend has bunk bed over the cab... claustrophobic .....how many people are you comfortable taking ...all of this adds extra weight resulting in handling of the vehicle...?

When I see people sitting sideways on seats in an RV....I'm thinking it's just a disaster waiting to happen...... I mean if you're involved in a major traffic incident and they are in the side seats.....OMG.....
Old 08-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #34
Platinum Member

The newer Travatos do not have shoulder belts for rear passengers...just lap belts. Also, the rear sofa seats in the back in most Class B vans rarely have both shoulder belts and head rest. The Aktiv does have three point seatbelts for the bench seat behind the driver.

If safety is truly a concern for rear passengers, converting a Ford Transit passenger van that comes with side airbags and three point seatbelts for the passengers is the way to go.
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #35
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver2017 View Post
The newer Travatos do not have shoulder belts for rear passengers...just lap belts. Also, the rear sofa seats in the back in most Class B vans rarely have both shoulder belts and head rest. The Aktiv does have three point seatbelts for the bench seat behind the driver.

If safety is truly a concern for rear passengers, converting a Ford Transit passenger van that comes with side airbags and three point seatbelts for the passengers is the way to go.
I believe the Travato has had three point seat belts from the begining (Winnebago Touring Coach: Travato 59G | MotorHome Magazine).

I know my Trend 23L has 3 point belts for the forward facing bench. Only seat belts for the side facing bench, but a three point harness wouldn't help much in the sideway orientation--at least not in a forward impact.
2002 Keystone Cougar 28BH
davedutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:16 AM   #36
Platinum Member

Correct the Travato did but. I was told the newer ones do not due to the redesign to accommodate the refrigerator???
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #37
hyc

Road Trek- 210, 190, 170 Versatile. Most of them have 4 captains seats up front.
hyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:18 AM   #38
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1

I've heard that batteries typically last four to five years.. sounds like yours went in about 4 years.... what I've discovered is that Roadtrek normally builds on the previous years Sprinter...so your Sprinter is probably a 2013 model while my 2012 is on a 2011 Sprinter....

They probably put the batteries in around late 2013...so, the five years mark is close to correct... you just don't know exactly.... Roadtrek could tell you the exact build date...
I had an occasion to look into this and found out that my 2012 RS Adventurous was built on 7-29-2011....and sold as a 2012..in August 2012.....
Considering you do care about the battery, as I known, the LiFePO4 battery has much longer cycle life for 7-8 years.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #39
Bronze Member

There was a late 90s Coachmen Saratoga? on Craigslist in Atlanta with Two rows of captains chairs.
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
I am guessing you are speaking of new Class B's. My 1989 Dodge XTRA Van has the four passenger seats up front. The front passenger seat swivels all the way. The front drivers seat only turns to the right which is better than facing the front. Here is a picture of one back seat folded down for sleeping.

I have a 1993 Xtravan and would like to see pictures of how to get the 2nd row captains seats down like you show in the picture. Thanks.
rjdawes is offline   Reply With Quote